Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jnclelland

Any Experience With Www.foodintol.com?

I have a friend who has just been diagnosed with fructose intolerance, and she's having a hard time finding any info about the fructose content of various foods. She came across the website for the "Tuesday Club" at http://www.foodintol.com/tuesday, which claims to have this amazing detection diet (which she doesn't need since she already knows what the problem is) and lots of info about various special diets, including one for fructose intolerance - at the low, low price of $100 for 2 months' access! <_< Since they also have a section on gluten-free diets, she wondered if I knew anything about it. I don't - and I'm naturally suspicious of sites with a hefty access fee - but I told her I'd ask here if anyone has any experience with it.

For that matter, if anyone has any resources regarding fructose intolerance, please let me know and I'll pass them on to her. Thanks!

Jeanne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yikes $100!!

There are no secrets to an Elimination Diet.

Besides online, I'd hit the local library for info on fructose-free. Surely it's at least a part of some book.

She came across the website for the "Tuesday Club"

Hi, I tried out that website last summer when I was first experimenting with elimination diets. My advice - it wasn't really worth it. I found better information in the book:

Food Allergies and Food Intolerance: The Complete Guide to Their Identification and Treatment by Jonathan Brostoff and Linda Gamlin

And what ultimately helped me nail down my intolerances was Enterolab testing and York Labs testing (the one in England).

She's been through quite a long process of elimination diets, antibiotics for bad intestinal bacteria, and all sorts of other things. She's working with a good GI who she likes, and she's pretty sure that she has the right diagnosis at this point. What she needs to know is how to get accurate information regarding the fructose content of foods. (It's not part of the standard nutritional information that's listed on most foods.)

Thanks for the book recommendation; I'll pass that along.

Jeanne

The source database for nutriondata.com is the USDA Nutrient Database which lists, amongst a large number of other things, fructose content of most foods.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA