Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am wondering because I would KILL for a rice crispy treat right now & I am allergic to wheat only. The doctor says I should eat as little other glutens as possible on the off chance I develop another allergy but since I dont eat any gluten it is time for a splurge! I WANT ONE SOOOOO BAD!!!!! :blink::blink::blink: Please someone tell me it is not wheat!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Malt is typically made from Barley. Barley is a gluten grain and needs to be avoided by gluten intolerant individuals. So if you are only allergic to wheat, then you could eat the Rice Krispy Treats, but that would be your personal choice. I prefer to make my own using gluten free rice cereal, margarine and marshmellows. Not only are they easy to make, but they also have far less chemicals in them than the processed ones!

OK, so I went & bought the puffed rice cereal from Whole Foods & made some instead of buying the one @ the store. It wasn't as good but it was still yummy! It is hard sometimes to avoid all gluten as I am only allergic to wheat but if what my docotr says is right, if I keep eating them it is just a matter of time before I am allergic to all gluten. Thanks you guys!

As stated, malt is typically from barley but there is a gluten free version of rice krispies but kelloggs is not safe.

OK, so I went & bought the puffed rice cereal from Whole Foods & made some instead of buying the one @ the store. It wasn't as good but it was still yummy! It is hard sometimes to avoid all gluten as I am only allergic to wheat but if what my docotr says is right, if I keep eating them it is just a matter of time before I am allergic to all gluten. Thanks you guys!

Blech! You can't make rice krispie squares from puffed rice...but you CAN replace the puffed wheat with puffed rice for puffed rice squares. They are good and chocolately.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...