Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I emailed Michelina's (frozen dinners) and they said they can't guarantee gluten-free because of cross-contamination, etc. But, they also said they wouldn't hide ingredients. So my next question. Looking at the ingredients, I could eat grilled chicken, chicken BBQ, parmeasan chicken, and cheesy broccoli potatoes. I'm certainly not planning to make these a habit, but I'm moving in a couple weeks (cross-country), and there are going to be times when I need a meal in a pinch that's in grocery stores/convenience stores!

Has anyone had any problems (or no problems) with Michelina's in the past?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I emailed Michelina's (frozen dinners) and they said they can't guarantee gluten-free because of cross-contamination, etc. But, they also said they wouldn't hide ingredients. So my next question. Looking at the ingredients, I could eat grilled chicken, chicken BBQ, parmeasan chicken, and cheesy broccoli potatoes. I'm certainly not planning to make these a habit, but I'm moving in a couple weeks (cross-country), and there are going to be times when I need a meal in a pinch that's in grocery stores/convenience stores!

Has anyone had any problems (or no problems) with Michelina's in the past?

Before Celiac I used to buy the frozen Michelina's fried rice. It was always good for a quick meal and cheap besides. I'll have to take a look again at the Michelina line, thanks. BTW, would the parmesan chicken be safe...it's sounds good but is the coating breadcrumbs?

Before Celiac I used to buy the frozen Michelina's fried rice. It was always good for a quick meal and cheap besides. I'll have to take a look again at the Michelina line, thanks. BTW, would the parmesan chicken be safe...it's sounds good but is the coating breadcrumbs?

On their website they have a listing of items suitable for those with a wheat allergy (and as far as I can tell, the wheat free are also gluten free). http://www.michelinas.com/HealthyLiving_Allergens.aspx There's only 4 meals that are gluten-free, unfortunately.