This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A New Weight Loss Support/accountability Thread

lonewolf

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies

I have been doing better on my diet, and feeling better too.

fajitas, thank you for your support on my medical transcription courses, I am hoping that I have a little bit of the upper hand on the Medical terminology part of this because I here it all the time and I have nurses to talk to about all the medications out there. Now as far as hearing the doctors talk that will be a differant story, but I will be given a foot petal to slow down what the docs are saying. So anyway I start tommorow actually the orientation part of it anyway.

Ok here are my meals

Tuesday

up at 1:30pm

coffee

D- gluten-free maple buckwheat flake cereal

DDP

Today

B- gluten-free toast

coffee

D- brown rice tortilla with sunshine patty and cheese

vitimin water fruit punch

working tonight no telling what is for dinner, the ladies are talking about Chipolte finally something that I could eat that they are talking about ordering.

Happy eating ladies

donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
little d Enthusiast

Ok I just got my meal from chipotle and before I forget I got which I think will be ok for me

chicken burrito bowl with gaucomole, cheese, sour cream, pinto beans and chips

Tea now and Diet D pepper for later

I will let ya'll know if I have any kind of reaction which I hope not because that will make for a long night.

donna

Harobed Newbie

My diet plan?

Well, I try to follow the Mayo Clinic heart healthy diet recommended to me by a dietician.

typical day would be

breakfast:

choice of protein (2 oz) and fruit, milk (I drink Lactaid)

or

gluten-free cereal, fruit, milk

lunch

3 oz. protien choice, (fish, beef or chicken)

1 fruit

1 low-cal veggie of your choice.

dinner:

choice of protien 3 oz.

2 low cal vegetables and one starchy vegetable or other carb, like 1/2 baked potatoe, 1/4 cup corn . 1/3 cup rice, 1/2 cup gluten-free noodles. etc.

snack

1 fruit, 1 oz. cheese,

or

1 glass milk.

amber-rose Contributor

Hi! im trying to lose a couple pounds for modeling. just found an agent. I'm a dancer, I tend to dance about 5 days a week from about 5-6 hrs. a day. So i think i tend to eat more because I dance so much. I dont have the best eating habits though, so be prepared.

Breakfast: 1 piece gluten-free Cornbread with Butter & Drizzled honey & a piece of toast with strawberry jelly.

Lunch: Banana, tangerine, piece of english toffee, Scooby Fruit snacks, & a some Lays Potato Chips :P

Dinner: Tuna Fish sandwich [with mayo, mustard, & sweet pickles] & 3 pieces of See's Cashew Brittle.

My everday diet consists of lots and lots of Carbs...I have a lot to work on.

Harobed Newbie

[Hi! im trying to lose a couple pounds for modeling. just found an agent. I'm a dancer, I tend to dance about 5 days a week from about 5-6 hrs. a day. So i think i tend to eat more because I dance so much. I dont have the best eating habits though, so be prepared.

With your work out schedule, you would be considered a professional athlete.

In order to build muscle, repair muscles from your work out etc. You should be eating

more protein than you are currently eating.

If you are about (average for US women) 5'4", 135 pounds, and work out 5-6 hours a day, then according to

the online body calculator provided by my dietician, you would need about 11-13 oz. of protein a day in addition to carbs and small amounts of healthy fats like nuts.

So try adding a little protein with every meal or snack and cut back on the non-healthy carbs.

Remember your body is like a fine car...it needs good fuel to dance well and not wear out.

little d Enthusiast

Hello Ladies

Welcome amber_rose glad to have you here.

I had bought a pair of pants last month when I was looking for a job they are size 12 well I wore them this Saturday to the Ballet that we went to and they felt like that they were falling off. When I bought these pants they fit not perfect but they fit just a little loose on me well they are more than loose I can see air so to speak. The Ballet that we went to was The Nutcraker my daughters first Ballet and she loved it.

Ok so here are my meals from Friday

B - gluten-free maple buckwheat flakes cereal

coffee

L - chicken wings

jalopeno poppers

DDP

D- Rice with butter and sugar

Saturday

B- scrambled eggs with bacon, onion, green bell pepper

milk

coffee

D- lemon grilled trout from Cracker Barrell

mashed potato

green beans

carrots

Sunday

B- 3 gluten-free french toast

coffee

milk

D- Meatloaf

green beans

carrots

roasted potato with onion, garlic

for dinner at work leftover meatloaf, gb, car, and potato which was even better.

While eating dinner Saturday night at Cracker Barrel, I was explaining Celiac Disease to my sister-in-law and the symptoms and after I told her about the symptoms her look was oh my gosh, and she asked me to spell Celiac and she is pretty good about looking up stuff on the internet so I know that when she could when she got home that she was going to look up the symptoms and do her research on it because she has I think symptoms, she is kinda private so I did not ask anything after her look that she gave me, but I think that the symptoms that I described she has. I know that her mom has symptoms but she is happy with the diagnoses of IBS.

So anyway Happy eating ladies

donna

Joni63 Collaborator

Hello everyone,

littled - jalopeno poppers? YUMMY Are they gluten free? I really miss having those and would love to find a gluten free substitute. Congrats on losing weight. Sounds like your doing really well. Good for you!

fajitas, I know how it is to accumulate so much stuff. My basement is like that from my father in laws house. I could throw it all out, but it's sentimental to my husband. We are planning on doing that job after Christmas.

Harobed, your diet plan sounds like mine when I stick to it. Today is just not a typical day for me at all, lol!

Welcome amber_rose, wow you do have a busy dance schedule. Good for you finding a modeling agent. It sounds very exciting!

I'm just trying to get back to some type of schedule this week. Things are finally slowing down a bit and my calf muscle feels totally healed.

Exercise this a.m. - 3 mile jog

I had a really wierd diet today, but here goes:

7:00am 2 egg whites

8:00am 1/4 cup nutty rice cereal, 1/4 cup milk

10:00am orange

12:00 1/3 cup mixed nuts, 1/2 bowl tai noodles soup

2:00 6 utz tostitos with cheese, 1 Jennies coconut macaroon

3:30 apple

5:00 (will have) hot dog, salad, baked beans, carrot sticks, 2 mushrooms, 1 Jennie's coconut macaroon

8:00pm Small handful of bakery on main granola - good stuff!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

little d Enthusiast

Hi ladies,

Bellyfat, I wish that I could say that I was really really good and say that my jalopeno popper where Gluten free, they were not I was hungry when I was out on Friday running my errens and I was really hungry, so I stopped at Churches chicken and go the chicken wings which I should have asked for no sauce but it did not matter because they were in a bucket of BBQ sauce the wings were good if it did not have the sauce, so I figured if I had messed up on the wings might as well do it good to myself and so I had the poppers too. I was ok until after I ate the fish on Saturday which im sure did not affect me so quick. My food usually affects me the day after I eat it, plus the food from Churchs was all fried and I don't normally eat a lot of fried foods because of my possible gall bladder issues.

So my food today

up at 2pm

coffee

D- brown rice tortilla, with sunshine patty

DDP

my dinner tonight will be Amy's Brown rice and black eye peas

I hope that the cafeteria will serve chicken without the special sauce, because I want some chicken

Happy eating ladies

donna

amber-rose Contributor
[Hi! im trying to lose a couple pounds for modeling. just found an agent. I'm a dancer, I tend to dance about 5 days a week from about 5-6 hrs. a day. So i think i tend to eat more because I dance so much. I dont have the best eating habits though, so be prepared.

With your work out schedule, you would be considered a professional athlete.

In order to build muscle, repair muscles from your work out etc. You should be eating

more protein than you are currently eating.

If you are about (average for US women) 5'4", 135 pounds, and work out 5-6 hours a day, then according to

the online body calculator provided by my dietician, you would need about 11-13 oz. of protein a day in addition to carbs and small amounts of healthy fats like nuts.

So try adding a little protein with every meal or snack and cut back on the non-healthy carbs.

Remember your body is like a fine car...it needs good fuel to dance well and not wear out.

Hi! Thanks for posting that! I'm almost 5'9" so does that mean i should eat even more than 11-13 oz of protein a day? Or would 11-13 be fine for my heighth?

I tried adding a bit more protein today!:

Breakfast:

-2 pieces of light tapioca gluten-free bread w/ strawberry jelly

Lunch:

-1 chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup white rice

Snack:

-1 spoonful of frosting. whoops :P

In between dance classes:

-EnviroKids Chocolate Snack bar

-Handful of Trader Joe's gluten-free nut & berry granola

Dinner:

-Chicken Caesar salad w/ lots of veggies & lots & lots of chicken! mmm.

Dessert:

-spoonful of frosting. (its addicting)

Tomorrow I plan on making salmon! :P

Joni63 Collaborator

Hello,

B: 4 homemade pancakes and 1/2 sausage

L: 4 homemade pancakes and 1/2 sausage

S: Yogurt and 1/4 cup mixed nuts

D: Vegetable beef stew, homemade corn muffin

Been baking and cooking and decorating all day.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Harobed Newbie

Hi! Thanks for posting that! I'm almost 5'9" so does that mean i should eat even more than 11-13 oz of protein a day? Or would 11-13 be fine for my heighth?

I tried adding a bit more protein today!:

Hi,

I put your height and exercise pattern in the calculator and it came up

to eat between 11-15 oz. of protein for the amount of dancing and your frame.

Don't forget, besides beef, fish, chicken, turkey and eggs,

nuts, beans, cheese and milk (even soy milk) also count as sources of protien.

So perhaps you could add a glass of milk at breakfast and in the evening to bring your protein total up more.

you did really well today.

mine:

1 egg

1/3 potatoe,

1/2 oz cheese

1 oz. lean ham

milk

lunch:

salad with 2 oz. turkey

dinner:

roast with BBQue sauce (gluten-free)

salad

green beans

snack:

Orange juice

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies

I have been trying to do good with eating gluten free, I am almost out of food for myself for this week thank goodness payday is tomarrow. I am about to go take my firtst test at school so I hope that I do ok with it. There grading is a little differant from any grading system that I am accustomed to. I feel focused enough to get my test done, I tend to zone out while taking test and get lost, I guess I have test anxiety.

Ok here are my meals for the last couple of days, I could not help the carb intake, that is how much I need to go shopping

Tuesday up at 1pm I had a meeting at school thank goodness I was off on Tuesday

coffee

D- gluten-free Red beans and gluten-free Mexican cornbread ( the beans defiantly cleaned everybody out :ph34r: ) I had two bowls full well ok a bowl in a half

DDP

Wendesday

B- gluten-free 2 toast

coffee

L- gluten-free sandwhich with turkey

wild berry water

D- gluten-free sandwhich with turkey and kraft mexican shredded cheese

DDP

Snack - warmed up brown rice tortilla with butter

Thursday-today

B- gluten-free vann waffles one with syrup and the other with butter

1/4 cup of mild and water

things that I am out of as you could tell

Milk Lactose free the other I have for the family which we have plenty of

cheese for my sandwiches

Tuna

eggs so I could make egg and tuna sandwhiches

syrup that is why I had one waffle with syrup and the other with butter

Cool aid packets at my husband request

For dinner tonight will be the only meat left in the house Salmon patties, carrots and green beans

for dinner tonight at work will be brown rice tortilla with sunshine patty and salad with my own gluten-free dressing, sunflower seeds and hopfully the cafeteria will have some fruit.

Happy, imaginitive eating ladies

donna

off to go take my test

which I passed, yah!!! just might be the only test I pass

next is microsoft work, office and excel which I have not a clue what to do.

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies,

I had totally forgot that I did not have any eggs, so I did not have my Salmon patties. Good thing that I did not open the can, right after I realized that I did not have eggs my daughter told me that she is ready for some dinner, I felt bad about not having dinner for her, so I fixed her some Rice with butter and little sugar and green beans. I have no idea if she had anything else becuase I had to leave for work by then. So I also had to change my plan on food for work, which I am regreting my decision I think because I am sleepy, but I think that it is because i came to work without sleep.

Dinner before coming to work

brown rice tortilla with sunshine patty

dinner while at work

gluten-free english muffin with turkey, cheese, black olive, bell pepper, gucomole, I got these from subway except for the EM.

sour cream and onion baked lays (I saw I think on Celelias Marketplace web site that was gluten free)

DDP

Today is payday shopping before i go to bed :rolleyes:

I also weighed myself and I am still hovering at 147

Happy eating ladies

donna

MissWingBat Newbie

HI YA LADIES!!

OMG its been forever since I posted. Not that I haven't been keeping up with reading, I just have gotten so lazy I've forgotten to write. (No really, I have lost so much weight my arms are just too skinny to type - I WISH!!) The last time I posted it was about my "WHO CARES" diet, which is actually working.... I have stopped counting and scaling and measuring and I have lost 3.5 kilos (7.5 pounds?).

I just cut all my carbs (not all!!) but most carbs, and started eating a very high protein diet. Instead of potatoes at dinner, I had chick peas and beans, etc. No pasta. And, I also took your advice on the lactose thing and went lactose free. Wow, what a difference. Not that I am taking much notice. I am in a bit of a la-la land with the whole gluten thing, and going to the dark side, which I will explain later (HA!!! Testing myself against the evils of gluten!) but alas, I end up in the same boat.

Ok, well, maybe because I am only 4 months in and now really missing food, and its christmas and birthdays and fun and all that, so I have tried something with gluten in it 3 times now and, realised, hey its not worth it. It's like taking illicit drugs sometimes!! (Not that I have...) But, at the time, it seems like a good time, but then, you end up paying for it. Maybe that's why I haven't posted. I am so dopey and DUH and depressed... and then again, it is Christmas.

It is hot here in QLD, Australia, so mainly all days we are in the pool (I have 3 kids), swimming, and more swimming, fruit for lunch (too hot for sandwhiches etc) so I guess that's where its going.

I am still wearing my bikini. I may be 5 kilos heavier than last year, but, WHO CARES! Anyways, the moral of my post (blahblahblah) is that, the less I worry about what I look like, the more fun I am having. And I guess over time I will sort out this 'dark-side' thing flirting with gluten-goodness....

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES and I will think of you, sipping my cool cocktail, by the tropical pool, in sunny and beautiful Australia for an downunder Chrissy day!

:D

Harobed Newbie

Good afternoon ladies,

I weighed today and have lost 2 more pounds...that is 12 so far.

Today I also was out of somethings, like eggs and Gluten free oatmeal, so I had some gluten-free cereal with Lactaid milk. for breakfast.

I skipped lunch because again the house was empty of foods, so I went to the health food store and bought some new flours to try. I found a cook book that called for them in biscuits, so I bought those and some gluten-free breakfast bars. Had a breakfast bar for lunch.

Dinner:

3 oz. roasted chicken,

2 oz. baked potato

1 tsp. olive oil type margarine

salad (lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, red onions, cucumber)

That is it for today.

for those depressed about Christmas, why is that? It is the food?

The lady next store bought over the cutest Candy cane sugar cookies. I gave them to my hubby and got out the ingredients and made my own sugar cookies and shaped them like the neighbors.

They turned out pretty good, so I put them in the refrigerator.

Even eating one or two I still lost weight. yeah!

I have finally gotten it into my head that gluten if poison to me. It has taken me 4 months to get it through my head, but it has made a big difference in my life.

Harobed Newbie

Went to a church Christmas party and got really sick.

Not sure what I got into. I ate veggies, dip I brought so I knew was safe) apple slices, some relish items and punch. I even read all the ingredients in the punch before I drank any...

all I can figure is there must have been some cross contamination in something, probably the drink.

I was sick all day yesterday and my indsides hurt...feel all bruised, joints hurt...no energy.

Now I am worried because I have another dinner on Thursday and know I probably won't be able to eat anything there...(same church) I am actually thinking of taking my own food in a plastic container and sticking it on my plate when it comes time to eat.

Today I am trying G.F. oatmeal I found at the health food store...no cross contamination problems with it either.

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies,

I just spent the longest night at work, I had to be in an isolation room with this baby because mom has a possible highley contagis skin disorder "scabies" 12 hours in a room with this baby she was quite thank goodness until I had to give her a bath she was a new baby. I had called the surgery department to get hats to cover my hair and I had thought of keeping my hair down but instead at the last minute before I left home put it up in a braid, I also had gloves on and special gown and shoe covers all night long, I have never wore gloves that long. I managed to stay away being couped up and not really having anything to do but I did find some magazines to read, which will have to be trashed when this baby leaves so I hope people have enjoyed them.

I have tried really hard this weekend to eat right because of course my husband like to eat out on the weekend.

Friday up at 2pm

coffee

D- gluten-free rice pizza with ham, onion, green bell pepper

coke zero

water

Saturday

no breakfast

L- Ham 2 eggs, hashbrowns at Waffle House

coffee

water

D- nachos with gluten-free smashed ranch beans and cheese

coke zero

Sunday

B- gluten-free Maple buckwheat flakes cereal

coffee

D- chicken fajitas from "On The Boarder" used my own gluten-free brown rice tortillas, onion, bell pepper, rice and beans

cz

Dinner at work

Left over chicken, onion, bell pepper on gluten-free english muffin

salad with sunflower seeds with gluten-free dressing

ddp

Today not a clue as to what will be for dinner, I don't think that I will have time to fix dinner because my daughter has a basketball game to cheer at 4:30, what ever it will be will have to be super easy.

Happy eating ladies

donna

Joni63 Collaborator

Hi everyone,

I've been doing good on and off. Trying to get back into is so hard once I'm off track. It's my biggest downfall in dieting/exercise. If anything throws me off track, I struggle like crazy to get my workout/eating habits back. Still struggling, but...Luckily I only gained a few pounds through it all.

I went back to the mypyramid.gov diet and am trying to stick with it for now until I finish looking into other diet/eating changes. I really like that it gives you the proper amount of calories you should be eating based on your exercise plan. It also makes a plan up based on your weight loss goals. I also find I do real well if I measure everything and don't just judge portion sizes. I'm seriously considering South Beach Diet, with some modifications. I don't want to restrict too many foods, except the processed kind, sugar, and I am trying very hard right now to make all my grainy foods whole grain. I'm also looking into Sequence Eating and Combining and the order foods should be eaten for proper digestion. Some of it seems to make so much sense.

Ok enough of that, Sunday:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of bacon, 1 toast, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple slices

Lunch: 2 tortillas with chicken, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, a little sharp cheese and soy sauce (my own delicious creation),

Dinner: Home made peas and dumplings (dumplings were not the best, but ok for a first attempt)

Snack: Orange, carrots, 1 cup popcorn, and 1/2 cup ice cream

Monday

Breakfast: 1/2 cup nutty rice cereal, 1/2 cup soy milk, 2 tablespoons ground flax seed

Snack: Granola Bar, 1 apple

Lunch: Peas and dumplings, and a piece of ham

Snack: 1 cup soy milk, 1 flax toast with tiny butter and jelly

The plan is:

Dinner: 1/2 cup pasta, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, romaine lettuce salad, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup pinapple

Snack: Raisins, low fat cheese, 5 crackers

Oh and for exercise I've done about 20 minutes Dance Dance Revolution and plan on doing at least another 20 minutes. Kids had it setup from yesterday and it's way too cold to jog outside (31*F)!!!

I'm also experimenting with eating a bigger snack because it's the only way I can sleep all night. Otherwise I wake up and have to eat something.

Happy dieting!

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies,

I am so happy to report that the infant that I had to be isolated with last night does not have scabies, I was so happy when the nurses told me that the culturs were negative what a relief that was.

today up at 2pm

coffee

D- gluten-free maple buckwheat cereal

grape vitimin water

for dinner tonight at work will be veggie Lasagna made with rice noodles, it has spinch in it so I hope that I don't get too gassy from it.

I did get gassy from it.

Happy eating ladies

donna

• 2 weeks later...
little d Enthusiast

Hello Ladies,

Belated Merry Christmas everybody. Wow I have not been on here for quite some time, because I have been busy tring to get ready for Christmas, which was good. And trying to get my studies in between shopping and working.

I am not even going to try and attempt to post my meals since the last time I posted was way before the 20th. It has been really hard trying to eat right with all the parties and familyl get togethers which no one eats gluten free, my sister does when she thinks that is her problem, but whatever I have eatin in the last 10 days I have tried to eat right and failed and gained 5lbs back but that is ok I am getting back on track.

here are my meals

tuesday Christmas

up at 6:30am with Santa who ate almost a whole plate of cookies which I believe caused his double migrane cookies which were made by Philsbury

Coffee

B- 2 eggs, 3 bacon, and potoato roll

Root Beer

L - Turkey, rice cassarole, bite of sweet potoato

Pink Stuff

Tea

before work at 5:30pm

brown rice tortilla, sunshine patty with cheese

DDP

Did not eat at work because I left early

Wednesday

up at 9am

coffee

L-1pm diet coke

gluten-free english muffin with cheese and sunshine patty

Since I did not eat Dinner at home I decided to eat early at work 9:30pm usually I eat at 12am I was hungry

gluten-free english muffin with chicken, grilled onions, black olives, mushrooms, gucomole and cheese

Coke Zero,

after eating this which came from the Hospital next door, I know that I am taking a chance with eating something that everything is grilled up on the same grill, but I did not have anything ready before I left the house, because my Daddy called me and I forgot about to find something for my lunch and this also cause me not to eat before I left for work.

With the Major Holidays out of the way I and we can get back to eating healthy and happy again.

donna

little d Enthusiast

Hi ladies

I have been doing better with my diet, I have been making a better effort to eat gluten free, but with all the gluten that I have consumed with in the last few weeks because of the holidays I feel like crap right now but that is only my fault, I should have refused foods from family, but with not having a diagnoses is really hard for my family to understand that I have a problem, still my mom I love her but still thinks that I have a gall bladder issue she may be right. When we had my husband family Christmas get together before christmas I told my husband mother that I did not want to have a bun with my meat, because they were premaking everybodies burgers, this was so the men/children would not eat all meat before everybody else would get to the food.

While eating all this food that I knew was not good for me I did not want to post what I ate, I think what helped me was I still ate gluten free like everyother meal and it think that I would have been a lot worse. I guess that I am going with gluten withdrawl, I am tired, my body aches, getting hungrier, and bumping into things like drunk feeling, loosing my balance type of thing. Tuesday when I was needing to get up at 12:30pm to get things done, I closed my eyes and finally woke up at 2:44pm, and then I was still sleepy I had a really hard time waking up. I have been C and now with eating gluten free I am finally getting my body rid of the bad stuff. I also gained weight, maybe 5lbs and I really have not overeaten or alot of junk food. Right when I noticed the gain I told my husband that I gained and with him being and honest man said yes I can tell too.

Ok here are my meals for the last couple of days

Monday

Up at 2:44pm

coffee

D- Pizza from Pizza hut with honey BBQ chicken wings

DDP

Tuesday

B- 2 eggs

3 gluten-free bacon

2 gluten-free toast

L- gluten-free sandwhich with cheese, turkey, sprouts, and avacodo

fruit punch vitamin water

D- 3 gluten-free hemp tortilla quasadillas with chicken and gluten-free cheese (I am not sure about these hemp tortillas they taste very different from the Good for Life brown rice tortillas)

DDP

Wednesday

B- coffee

gluten-free raisen toast

milk

Not sure what is for dinner and tonight at work

Happy eating ladies

donna

Joni63 Collaborator

Happy New Year to everyone!

Hope everyone is ready to start their new years resolutions, I know I sure need to get back into it.

Donna, glad to hear your doing better gluten free. It is a hard diet but so worth it if you feel good.

I exercised for an hour yesterday doing DDR with my kids. I love that game!

Today I did 40 minutes DDR and 1/2 hour yoga.

I'll post food later today.

little d Enthusiast
Happy New Year to everyone!

Hope everyone is ready to start their new years resolutions, I know I sure need to get back into it.

Donna, glad to hear your doing better gluten free. It is a hard diet but so worth it if you feel good.

I exercised for an hour yesterday doing DDR with my kids. I love that game!

Today I did 40 minutes DDR and 1/2 hour yoga.

I'll post food later today.

Joni, what is DDR, and I would love to learn Yoga it seems like it would be relaxing, I know it probley hard work what I need to check into my local junior college campus, but I have my Medical Transcription courses that I am doing, so I have to concentrate on one thing at a time.

donna

Joni63 Collaborator

DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. It's a game where you have a dance mat with different areas to step on and you have to step on the arrows on the mat at the same time as the arrows come up on your t.v. screen. It's really fun and a real workout because I am more out of breath doing that than I am when I jog, lol!

Yoga is something I'm going to start doing again every day. I had really gone far with it and was able to do a lot of really hard poses. I think it's important to keep up with it daily, though. I do pretty advanced Ashtanga yoga which can be really hard and intense, but it's a great workout. My muscles feel better after yoga than in any other form of exercise I've ever done. There are many types of yoga you can do, some are really easy and some are real workouts. If I were you I'd look into the different types and find the one that you think you will like the best. I got into Ashtanga after my 2nd child and thought it was relaxing and easy. Boy was I shocked when I had to hold poses and my muscles were shaking from exhaustion at first. I ended up loving it because it was so much of a challenge that I stuck with it, but many people drop out after they try it a couple of times.

It does sound like you are busy right now to start looking into yoga. But it also might be a good thing to squeeze in something new as a diversion to the everyday things your doing.

Good luck with your medical transcription courses!

Meals today:

B: 2/3 cup nutty rice cereal, 2 tbls flax seed, 1/2 cup rice milk

S: Banana and small handful of almonds

L: 1/2 hamburger and salad with mozzerella cheese and honey mustard dressing

D: Rotisserie chicken, brussel sprouts, raw broccoli, raw carrots, mashed potatoes (sounds like a lot, but I had a very little bit of everything)

S: Yogurt and Bakery on Main granola

I had absolutely NO chocolate today! Yay!

little d Enthusiast

OK yes I know what DDR is because my daughter and I with my husband went to Putt Putt golf and games and they had DDR there and she wanted to do this before we got there. We both did it together and with the pad so uneven I was afraid to do the jumps because of my foot. The sad thing about it was that I paid for one person and she did not realize the difference which is ok I did not point it out to her she danced and jumped right along with me.

On my meals I failed to mention that I have had gluten-free brownies since New years day almost 1-3 since then a day. Brownies are my weekness and I have found at Whole Foods their brand of brownies and they are good better than most, and they were out of the Good For Life brown rice tortillas so I had bought the Hemp tortillas. I am not so sure about these they taste differant.

The rest of my meal

L- gluten-free sandwich with cheese and turkey

fruit punch vitamin water

did not eat before I came to work, so I am hungry now and I will eat about midnight which is in 45 minutes

gluten-free mac and cheese with tuna

DDP

and water fruit punch vitamin water for later.

donna

Archived