This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

A New Weight Loss Support/accountability Thread

lonewolf

Joni63 Collaborator
You know what? I'm fat (by 8 lbs), I'm lazy, & I'm just going to have to accept it!

:D

LOL! I'm feeling the same way right about now fajitas. Can't exercise 'cause I hurt my leg. Found a great cookie recipe and ate at least a whole batch in just over 24 hours. Too much Halloween Candy in the house. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, food....food....food....This is a tough time of year!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MissWingBat Newbie

Fajitas, BellyFat and all the other ladies,

wow, must be this time of year... I am on the same brain-wave as you guys, I have been TRYING my hardest and the damn scales are not shifting, I'm eating RABBIT FOOD whilst my fam gets chips, and I also had to see a dietitian (for celiac disease) who made me FEEL SO BAD about my lifestyle...

SO I THOUGHT - BUGGER IT!! And guess what - this week, drinking coke and eating whatever I want (gluten-free) and not worrying about 3 serves of this and 2 serves of that, and no sugar BLAHBLAHBLAH - I lost a kilo and a half...

I think its the brain. When we think about everything we eat, it freaks out and goes into overdrive. I don't know, I just know that I am SO NOT doing 40 MINUTES on the treadmill EVERYDAY. It hurts. And its boring. And pointless. I'm going to listen to my body, and eat nice things, and if I want that chocolate, I will.

Hopefully this gets my into my dress for my wedding next year - but if not, I will buy a new one!! OR HAVE A NAKED WEDDING ( :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:lol: )

Have a great weekend everyone!!

UR Groovy Explorer
So maybe I will telling ya'll some news if he does not change his ming again, the last time he started talking about a baby he changed his mind the next day this time he told me to make an appointment with my OB and ask her if my body is ok for a baby. I think that it is but with my age I am not so sure and I don't think that I will a good pregancy like the last one.

donna

Donna, You never know ... things may just go your way. I know a few people who had great pregnancies at 40-42. :) My sister was told that she'd never have kids after an illness as a teen, but she's had 3 healthy boys - the first weighed 10lb. 14 oz - super healthy the last one, she was 40. I hope it works out for ya.

LOL! I'm feeling the same way right about now fajitas. Can't exercise 'cause I hurt my leg. Found a great cookie recipe and ate at least a whole batch in just over 24 hours. Too much Halloween Candy in the house. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, food....food....food....This is a tough time of year!

Bellyfat (Was it Joni? I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly), It's totally rediculous, isn't it? Seems like when we start getting going, there's always something there to halt the progress. For me, this time, it's mostly laziness. But, last year, in the middle of my massive improvement, I worked out with this stupid personal trainer (you know the kind - 19, and thinking he knows everything) who kept insisting we <Jock 420 voice ------->> "Take it up a notch". EDIT: Wait ... it wasn't take it up a notch - it was "take it to the next level". Boy, he took me to the next level alright. <_< Okay - I pulled both calf muscles severely - was literally in a chair for a week (trips to the bathroom 15 feet away were torture).

Hopefully, we'll find the fortitude we need to get through the Holiday season without too much damage.

Fajitas, BellyFat and all the other ladies,

I think its the brain. When we think about everything we eat, it freaks out and goes into overdrive. I don't know, I just know that I am SO NOT doing 40 MINUTES on the treadmill EVERYDAY. It hurts. And its boring. And pointless. I'm going to listen to my body, and eat nice things, and if I want that chocolate, I will.

Hopefully this gets my into my dress for my wedding next year - but if not, I will buy a new one!! OR HAVE A NAKED WEDDING ( :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:lol: )

Have a great weekend everyone!!

That would be some wedding, MissWingBat ! :o

Maybe when you're Rabbit Fooding it, you're putting yourself into starvation mode & your body's just holding onto what it can.

I'm also sooo not doing 40 minutes on the treadmill everyday either. Have you tried an Ipod? I got one of those Ipod Shuffles - It was under $100 & it clips on your clothes - like the size of an American 1/2 dollar, but rectangular. It really keeps me going on the treadmill (of course, I'm not referring to this last week ;) ).

-----------------------------

So, I've been simply naughty. Yesterday, I had cheese with 3 meals (I've been ignoring the fact that I shouldn't have dairy because my tummy seems to be working pretty well right now). I haven't worked out at all this week (though, I did go to the gym after I said I would last week).

Hopefully, inspiration will strike & I can get back on track. I go through phases. I do ... I don't ... I will ... naaah, I'd rather not.

Have nice weekends All,

kat

little d Enthusiast

Well fajitas I think that my husband had his mind changed for him, his best friend gentley reminded him that when he is 50 that our not yet conceived child will be graduating high school and I will be 54 so I think that he is changing his mind which is putting me in a very sour mood that i passed on having sex this morning but later knew that he would later ask questions on why I passed so later in the afternoon before I had to get ready to go to work we got a little frisky but not any real action for conceiving so I will beleive his senseriaty on a baby when I get pregante until then I will continue to work on my diet.

Saturday

B- 2 eggs bacon. 2 toast

coffee

D - rice crackers and ham and cheese

ddp

Sunday

B- gluten-free Maple buckwheat

coffee

water at the movies

L/D brown rice tortilla with ham and melted cheese

still hungry gluten-free sandwhich which ham and cheese

ddp

water on the way to work

3 pamela ginger cookies

my meal tonight at work will be

Amy's Brown rice dinner

DDP

donna

Joni63 Collaborator
Bellyfat (Was it Joni? I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly), It's totally rediculous, isn't it? Seems like when we start getting going, there's always something there to halt the progress. For me, this time, it's mostly laziness. But, last year, in the middle of my massive improvement, I worked out with this stupid personal trainer (you know the kind - 19, and thinking he knows everything) who kept insisting we <Jock 420 voice ------->> "Take it up a notch". EDIT: Wait ... it wasn't take it up a notch - it was "take it to the next level". Boy, he took me to the next level alright. Okay - I pulled both calf muscles severely - was literally in a chair for a week (trips to the bathroom 15 feet away were torture).

Yes it is Joni! Oh my, he is certainly being tough trainer. When he said take it up a notch did he mean the pain level? Calf muscle pulls are horrible. Mine is only in one calf and I know how hard it was getting around for a week, I can't imagine having both pulled at the same time.

I think I'm going to try to get back into jogging tomorrow. I still have slight pain, but can't take not doing any exercise for this long. I can feel my abdomen distending daily.

And yes, there always seem to be something to mess up the progress. That really bugs me.

Hopefully this gets my into my dress for my wedding next year - but if not, I will buy a new one!! OR HAVE A NAKED WEDDING ( )

LOL! You really made me laugh at that one.

littled, good luck with whatever you and your husband decide about having a baby. I had my 2 children at 33 and 35. We will be 51 and 56 when our first graduates high school. It can certainly work out for you both if that's what you both want. Good luck, it is very exciting to think of having a baby!

Rebecca47 Contributor

Hello all

Its been awhile since I have on. Well I have gained about 30 lbs since being Dx in Aug, 2006. I used to be in size 0 to 3 and now I hate what i look like. I weigh approx. 140 and would like to lose about 10 or 15 lbs. People say I look good and healthy, which I like but i don't like the flab. Wow I never ever had flab before, and I'm not liking it. So can I join all of you ? :rolleyes:

little d Enthusiast

Thanks Bellyfat

I really want another baby and I know he does too, but we both want a boy and I know that there is no garentee that we can get what we want, as long as the baby is healthy. I think what the problem is right now is that we are selling the house and going into an apartment with only 2 bedrooms I can see that we could have the baby in the room with us and later with Hannah but he does not want to have to do that. because it is not fair to Hannah. If we can sell the house then our credit will look better and have a better chance down the line to get another house, which we have 2 people looking to buy our house and it is up to the lender on letting us go through with the sale and not forclose or anything like that. I think that is his main concern but with letting his friend get to him like that with age matters I am mad at.

donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Joni63 Collaborator

littled, it sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Of course I remember when I wanted our first child and I kept thinking I wanted to wait until the "right" time. Believe me, that time would have never come for us. Luckily we just decided to go for it, and it was the best decision we ever made.

Sounds like you'll be able to sell your house pretty quickly with 2 potential buyers. That's a nice feeling, if the lender goes along with it.

Hello Rebecca47, please feel free to join us. We all are *trying* so hard to stick to our diets and exercise plans, but things happen. We just come here vent about it and get the support we need to get us back on track. Right now I've been dealing with a severe pulled muscle that is feeling good enough that I could try jogging today, BUT now I have a sore throat and went to bed at 8:00pm last night because this cold was coming on.

What type of exercise or diet plan do you plan on using?

UR Groovy Explorer

Wow Donna, you really do have a lot going on right now. Wow.

So Joni, now you have a cold ? Maybe it'll be short-lived & you can get back to it ! BTW, that was our one and only training session. He was a stupid kid. I should have known better. That was brutal (I'm referring to the week I couldn't do anything that involved getting up from the chair - and, oh, the pain).

Welcome, Rebecca !

-------------------------

Oh, I'm ready for some healthy food. I binged so bad this weekend. Really bad. It's the CHEESE, man. I just can't seem to stay away from the cheese. I try not to buy it, but I went to Costco Thursday & you know ... Big mistake. I've gotta make it go away. Maybe I'll freeze it & pretend like it's not there. David (husband) went along for the ride.

I'm just craving brocolli. <---Not kidding.

My goal today is simple. Clean, prep, eat veggies. NO CHEESE ! If I could just do that, I may spark some inspiration. I'm going to really try to post my food later today.

Have good days

Joni63 Collaborator

Yes, I'm feeling really tired and crappy. I'm getting ready to take some Airborne. I've taken it twice in the past week to try and nip this cold in the bud, and it did seem to work both times. It just seems to be persistant so I'm ready to chug some more. Did you ever try it, it's an herbal supplement made by a school teacher to help prevent colds?

Cheese, I love it too. I've been eating way too many carbs lately. Lots of crackers and cream cheese and pasta and not too many veggies either. I did better today. I'll start posting my food even though I still can't exercise yet...Hope you get those veggies ready, I need to do the same and rid my house of all cookies.

Breakfast: Decaf coffee, Nutty Rice Cereal with ground flax seed and frozen blueberries

Snack: Banana and Peanut Butter

Lunch: Salad with chicken, carrots and parmesan cheese, honey mustard dressing

Snack: About 12 Blue Diamond Crackers with cream cheese AND 3 Pamelas Raisen Walnut Cookies

Dinner: EDIT: Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.

Exercise: None today

Do your best everyone!

Rebecca47 Contributor

Hello

I had some coffee (2 cups) this am and for lunch, I took my Mother who is not well, can hardly get around and my neice who was down from Portland, Or. She is flying back tonight at 8PM. We went to a Mexican Restaurant called "El Torrito " and there is only one menu item that is wheat and gluten free. I asked a waitress if there were any gluten free items, and she said one of her co-workers mom is also a celiac and eats the same thing and never a problem. Well she was right I did not have a problem with anything. Enchiladas Rancheros , that is all I have eaten today. may a cup of coffee in a bit. and a baked potatoe, for dinner <_<

little d Enthusiast

Hi ladies,

I ate a lot here at work last night and I really was not hungry eighter too much.

I ate at 12am and on

Amys black eye pea brown rice dinner

3 pickells

sunflower seeds

finished off my Pamela ginger cookies, I did not eat these all at once

2 bottles of water

DDP

Up at 1pm had to take my daughter to the doctor which I did not because I forgot the bank was closed for observance of Veterans Day Sunday, so we had to rescheduale for Tuesday when I can get money out.

coffee

D- gluten-free bacon sandwhich

DDP

water

for dinner here at work tonight

stuffed potato which I can't wait to eat because I am hungry, I should not be so hungry after all what I at last night, and no I don't think that I am pregnate yet I get this was before I get my monthly. As long as I am still at 149 I'm happy.

Happy eating ladies

donna

lonewolf Collaborator

I'm almost ashamed to show my face around here. :ph34r: I have been SO bad for the past few months, despite getting excited for a day here and there and then blowing it by evening. I've gained several pounds and feel pretty discouraged. I have been exercising regularly, so it's not all bad.

Basketball season started today and I'm coaching high school JV girls and assisting with the varsity team at my kids' high school. My 14 yo daughter will be on my team and I'm looking forward to the season. I'm hoping to play enough with them that I can keep my weight down and I'll try to watch what I eat a little better. I won't have much free time, so maybe I won't snack or bake like I've been doing. I love baking and my kids love it and we've all been on a roll lately - unfortunately I'm getting most of the roll right around my mid-section. :(

I'm going to try to have a good enough day tomorrow that I won't be embarrassed to post my meals for the day. I'm so glad some of you have been faithful and sticking with it!

little d Enthusiast

Liz, please show you face, we don't care if you have gained any weight, know that you are busy and all. We miss having you come and post on here.

donna

Joni63 Collaborator

Good morning everyone,

Rebecca47, sounds like your off to a good start. Isn't it nice to be able to go out to a restaurant and eat safely? I've been lucky so far and really enjoy the chance to get out once in a while.

Hey Liz, glad to see you back. I think most of us have really been struggling with food lately. I don't post what I eat most of the time because I haven't been doing that well with food either. Heck with my sprain and now cold I'm going on 2 weeks without exercise at all. I'm really afraid to get on the scales. I hope you come back and post more often because you are missed and after all, you were the one who got us all started on being more conscience about our own plans. We're here for each other on the good and bad days! :)

I'm getting ready to go caffeine free, including chocolate. It's been bothering me for a long time and I'm still having bloating most of the time. I'm not sure if caffeine can cause bloating or not, but I'm thinking it can because of its acidity. I'm also going to try really hard to stay away from milk and milk products, even though I limit them now. I still eat cheese, cream cheese, and yogurt almost daily so I'll be cutting back on those for now. This will definately be harder than going gluten free!

I'll be back later to post my foods and exercise.

Have a great day everyone!

UR Groovy Explorer
Yes, I'm feeling really tired and crappy. I'm getting ready to take some Airborne. I've taken it twice in the past week to try and nip this cold in the bud, and it did seem to work both times. It just seems to be persistant so I'm ready to chug some more. Did you ever try it, it's an herbal supplement made by a school teacher to help prevent colds?

Hope you're feeling better today, Joni. I used to use Airborne when I felt something coming on - it gave me a lift & we used it before airplane travel too. I use something called Activate Immune Complex now if I'm feeling like I'm catching something - I have to think it works pretty well. I haven't been "sick" in a few years since the respiratory problems in 2003.

Good luck on the coffee thing. I've been trying, on & off for months now, to break the coffee routine. I know it's not doing me any favors, but I just can't seem to break free.

I have been exercising regularly, so it's not all bad.

Basketball season started today and I'm coaching high school JV girls and assisting with the varsity team at my kids' high school. My 14 yo daughter will be on my team and I'm looking forward to the season. I'm hoping to play enough with them that I can keep my weight down and I'll try to watch what I eat a little better. I won't have much free time, so maybe I won't snack or bake like I've been doing. I love baking and my kids love it and we've all been on a roll lately - unfortunately I'm getting most of the roll right around my mid-section. :(

Hi Liz :)

Glad to see you back here. I know of the roll around the mid-section. It's the last thing to go, despite being the first thing you hope goes. My arms, legs, face, neck are thinner. Mid-section just not going anywhere. Maybe when basketball season gets really rolling, you won't have much time for snacking. Good on you for keeping up the exercise.

Hi Donna & Rebecca !

-----------

Well, yesterday went swimmingly. I ate lots of veggies, and no cheese.

Veggies yesterday: summer squash, brocolli, red bell peppers, garlic, onion, red leaf lettuce, a little carrot, a little kale :)

Protein yesterday: All chicken (I did have some dark meat with skin, though - my guilty pleasure :( )

Fats: mostly olive oil & almonds, then, there's the dark meat chicken - oh yeah, had some thousand island salad dressing :(

I stuck to good portion control & I feel pretty good today - 3 meals 2 snacks

I didn't go to the gym, but I'm dressed & ready to go today. Since it's been like a week & 1/2, I'm gonna just do a little treadmill & elliptical (shooting for 40 minutes at moderate intensity).

I think my 2 month goal (holidays) is to not gain any fat lbs & work out regularly. If I can just get through without gaining, I'll be okay with that. Of course, with a little willpower, I could come out of this holiday season better than I went in.

I'm off to the gym - have good days !

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome back. I will try to stick around this time. I need a little support and accountability around the holidays. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so good at baking!

Off topic, but I know Kat will be interested and I don't have time to PM. I met a little boy who has the same kidney disease as Kat and I have (had, maybe, since I'm in remission and Kat is doing pretty well too). Anyway, this was about 6-7 weeks ago. I told his mom how I got better going fanatically gluten-free and she put him on the diet. She called me last week after going to the Nephrologist's office for an in-depth check up and he is totally in remission - no trace of problems at all. He's had this disease for 8 years and it's the first time his blood tests have come out well in all that time. He'd been on 80 mg of prednisone - a HUGE dose for an 11 year old - and he's been tapering off and is down to 20 every other day. So it's not the medication keeping his kidneys working well. I'm so excited that I could help this little boy!

Anyway, I've been "good" so far today - just eaten 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a slice of Pamela's Wheat free bread (no butter). Will have salad for lunch.

UR Groovy Explorer
She called me last week after going to the Nephrologist's office for an in-depth check up and he is totally in remission - no trace of problems at all.

Off Topic Reply ----> I was wondering how he was doing. BTW, 80 mg was a huge dose even for someone my size. She had me start at 80, despite the fact that it was a little higher than my tolerable level <_< .

Anyway, that's so great ! Kudos to you for helping them. Keep me updated on what's going on. I was actually going to PM you and ask. It doesn't surprise me at all. I'm beginning to think I may be missing something. Maybe I'm not "fanatical" enough about it ;) . It sure would be nice to know what I may be missing (although, admittedly, I'm not terribly careful - haven't changed out my dishes & whatnot.) Are they doing dairy free too or just gluten? Now, I feel like you did about me in the beginning: I want total remission - not just close.

EDIT: Still off topic ----> Maybe there's something in the coffee or maybe it's the darned smoking that's getting me. I've quit both at times to no avail though ...

Oh, and Liz, I think one of my nephews has this going on too (I've seen 'evidence'), but I can't bring myself to tell my sister because he's so young. I know of at least one case where the child died during the chemo portion of her treatment for it & parents apparently can't refuse treatment - something about child endangerment or neglect or something. :angry: For now, I'm just trying to make her aware that this wheat thing runs in family lines & hoping he doesn't go in for a urine test any time soon. If it gets bad, I'll push it strongly.

Back on topic ---->: Went to the gym ! Yaaay - you know, I never get home & say, "I wish I hadn't gone to the gym today" :lol:

Joni63 Collaborator

Hope you're feeling better today, Joni. I used to use Airborne when I felt something coming on - it gave me a lift & we used it before airplane travel too. I use something called Activate Immune Complex now if I'm feeling like I'm catching something - I have to think it works pretty well. I haven't been "sick" in a few years since the respiratory problems in 2003.

Good luck on the coffee thing. I've been trying, on & off for months now, to break the coffee routine. I know it's not doing me any favors, but I just can't seem to break free.

Thank you, I do feel a little better. I never heard of the Activate Immune Complex, but I'll see if my health food store carries it. So far the Airborne seems to be doing something and I'm only taking the child's dose.

Wow Liz - that's great about the 8 year old. Unbelievable that he's doing so well on the gluten free diet. It's strange how many things gluten affects on a person, even those that aren't celiac. Makes me want to get the whole family on gluten free diets.

Kat - glad you got to the gym. Isn't it a good feeling to have accomplished your workout? I didn't do any exercise today, my calf is not ready yet. It's only been 6 days and I've searched around the internet because it was such sudden excrutiating pain when it happened. It felt like someone took a baseball and whacked my calf muscle. I found out I probably tore something and 7 to 10 days rest is recommended. I should have no pain when I start exercising again and then I need to begin with walking. On a good note: I've only gained 2 lbs so far, guess that's not so bad.

Breakfast: Nutty Rice Cereal, Soy Milk, Decaf Green Tea

Snack: Banana and mixed nuts

Lunch: 10 rice crackers with home made chicken salad, salad with honey mustard dressing, decaf green tea

Snack: Apple with peanut butter, more decaf green tea, 5 more chicken salad rice crackers

Dinner: 1 home made turkey burger, ore ida french fries and raw carrots, more decaf green tea

I'm really feeling it not having coffee.

UR Groovy Explorer
Thank you, I do feel a little better. I never heard of the Activate Immune Complex, but I'll see if my health food store carries it.

Joni, I'd stick to the airborne, especially if it's workin' for ya. Activate isn't something you'll find anywhere. I order it through Lame Advertisement (+ it's not recommended for autoimmune or atopy).

Yeah, I had to take it real slow with the calf pull. Takes a while.

lonewolf Collaborator

Okay, I'm posting my food. Not as good as I had hoped, but maybe posting will keep me from eating the cookies that I need to bake for my kids' lunches.

B - 3 pieces turkey bacon, large slice Pamela's bread

L - stir-fried rice with chicken and onions, satsuma orange

S - Envirokidz bar with about 2 tsp. almond butter

D - Rosemary roast chicken (drumstick and thigh), 3/4 yukon gold potato, a bunch of cooked carrots

Hmm, a little low on vegies today. I'll try to have some carrot sticks or something before bed.

UR Groovy Explorer

I didn't do too bad yesterday, except the pm snacking.

Veggie Frittata - 1 egg 1 yolk / zucchini, broccoli, onion, red bell pepper, garlic / olive oil

2 Corn Torts / chicken / salsa

a little yogurt with coleslaw & some honeydew

Dinner

BBQ Chicken (1/2 breast) with coleslaw

:( had a bunch of tortilla chips & a little chocolate treat while I was watching House.

I was pretty active yesterday, but no gym or anything.

I'll try to get my butt to the gym today.

Joni63 Collaborator

Sound like we're all getting back on track!

B: Gorilla munch cereal, soy milk, decaf green tea w/ honey

L: 10 rice crackers with cream cheese, mixed nuts, 1/2 can Sheltons chicken rice soup (mostly broth, didn't like it), chamomile tea w/ honey

S: pear and slice of cabot cheese (non lactose), chamomile tea w/ honey

D: Will have: Salisbury steak, baked potato, green beans

S: Will have: Apple and peanut butter

Now that I wrote out dinner and snack, I'll have to stick to it! :blink:

Exercise: Not ready yet, actually went back to sleep this am trying to fight off this cold.

Keep the posts coming! :)

UR Groovy Explorer

Did okay on the food yesterday. I really don't remember what I ate - I've been having waves of nausea for a couple days, not sure why (don't even think it - give no power to that possibility). Anyway, I didn't go to the gym because I was ucky all day. Hoping today will be better. I've just got to snap into action soon. If I don't make it to the gym, I will go for a walk (it's supposed to be like 76 degrees today, so can't waste it no matter how I feel).

Have a good day, ladies !

little d Enthusiast

HI Ladies

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome back. I will try to stick around this time. I need a little support and accountability around the holidays. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so good at baking!

Off topic, but I know Kat will be interested and I don't have time to PM. I met a little boy who has the same kidney disease as Kat and I have (had, maybe, since I'm in remission and Kat is doing pretty well too). Anyway, this was about 6-7 weeks ago. I told his mom how I got better going fanatically gluten-free and she put him on the diet. She called me last week after going to the Nephrologist's office for an in-depth check up and he is totally in remission - no trace of problems at all. He's had this disease for 8 years and it's the first time his blood tests have come out well in all that time. He'd been on 80 mg of prednisone - a HUGE dose for an 11 year old - and he's been tapering off and is down to 20 every other day. So it's not the medication keeping his kidneys working well. I'm so excited that I could help this little boy!

Anyway, I've been "good" so far today - just eaten 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a slice of Pamela's Wheat free bread (no butter). Will have salad for lunch.

Liz this is amazing that this little boy is in remission because of going gluten free, I can imagine that his mom is very happy.

Sorry this is kinda getting off the subject

I had to take Hannah to the peditrian twice in the last 3 weeks she has had a cough that just won't go away. He did prescripe a cough medicine and Steroid to help but her cough got so bad that her little sides hurt so bad that she had to stay home from school one day and then I had called told the RN that she is not better, so then called in for a antibotic and a little better but the cough was still there it got better when she was quite and after her otc cough medicine. So then we again, he took a chest x-ray, breathing treatment which helped after doing this she sounded so much better when he listened to her. So we left the office with an inhaler that has helped so much, nasel spray for allergies which she did not tolerate very well, but anyway. The peditrian I found at work from the hospital and all the ladies that I work with use him so you can imagine that his office is pretty busy. We had been using the family doctor for Hannah because the peditrian that I was using never wanted to see hannah unless she was sick with diahrea, fever and vomiting so I would have to lie about her being really sick just to be seen and then it would take hours for the triage nurse to call back, so we started with the family doctor. But then he did not want to explore Hannahs long runs with her continuing cough when she got sick like this. she would continue to cough for almost 2 months before it would finally go away for it only to come back. So the Pediatrian feel or as he put we are only guessing at this time especially since he does not have Hannahs file from the family doctor yet, that her problem is Asthma, and not Bronchitis, which only make sense. Hannah is hoping that it is not, because she does not want to have any more breathing treatments. So anyway I was happy that the x-ray was clear.

Ok so back on subject, I have been doing well on my diet at least I think I nust be everytime I get on the scale I'm happy with what I see. My scale at work the scale says 149 and the scale at the plasma center said yesterday 151 when it has been 153 for the longest time. so I am going with the work scale is more accurate because I take my shoes off when I weight myself.

Tuesday up at 1pm Picked up Hannah to go to the doctor

coffee Carmel Mochito (I hope that this is safe) from Starbucks

D- left over potato from the night before

DDP

water

Wendesday

B- gluten-free maple buckwheat flakes

coffee

L- an awsome Hamburger so good I want another one

Sorry not a clue to just what happened, I going to return this laptop for a Desk top I like this computer but it is slow as molasse

Archived