Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jesscarmel

Dog Has Lyme

we just came back from the vet b/c our puppy started limping yesterday. i assumed it was from her nail clipping but the vet said she was pos for lyme. she gave us 3 weeks of doxycline. im terrified...does anyone have any experience wtih hthis

thanks

jess

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

More than I'd like ... only not my dog ... ME!!

Sorry about your pup. Fortunately the vets know more about Lyme than the MD's. She'll be fine.

I agree with Carla...from what I've been reading, most veterinarians are WAY more knowledgeable about treating lyme than are most doctors!

Jess-

I just was thinking about you and your doggie today. My coworkers doggie just got lyme too, 2 weeks ago. They were going for a F/U appointment today. They were also given antibotics.

Jess-

I just was thinking about you and your doggie today. My coworkers doggie just got lyme too, 2 weeks ago. They were going for a F/U appointment today. They were also given antibotics.

thanks for thinking of us. within two days of starting the antibiotic she started walking again and now seems normal. shes just going nuts cause the vet says she cant go runnign and playign with dogs for 2 weeks while her leg heals. she said we didnt need a follow up appt which i thought was weird.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.