Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jesscarmel

Dog Has Lyme

we just came back from the vet b/c our puppy started limping yesterday. i assumed it was from her nail clipping but the vet said she was pos for lyme. she gave us 3 weeks of doxycline. im terrified...does anyone have any experience wtih hthis

thanks

jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

More than I'd like ... only not my dog ... ME!!

Sorry about your pup. Fortunately the vets know more about Lyme than the MD's. She'll be fine.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I agree with Carla...from what I've been reading, most veterinarians are WAY more knowledgeable about treating lyme than are most doctors!

Hmmm, maybe I'll go to a vet next time I need to be tested for Lyme!

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

my nutritionist's dog was treated for lyme... I got the impression the treatment for her dog was standard and worked fine though she only mentioned it in passing after I told her about my diagnosis with lyme...

- Charlie

- gluten free since January, 2006

- multiple food intolerances temporarily from leaky gut and candida

- positive test for lyme disease - April, 2007

Jess-

I just was thinking about you and your doggie today. My coworkers doggie just got lyme too, 2 weeks ago. They were going for a F/U appointment today. They were also given antibotics.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Jess-

I just was thinking about you and your doggie today. My coworkers doggie just got lyme too, 2 weeks ago. They were going for a F/U appointment today. They were also given antibotics.

thanks for thinking of us. within two days of starting the antibiotic she started walking again and now seems normal. shes just going nuts cause the vet says she cant go runnign and playign with dogs for 2 weeks while her leg heals. she said we didnt need a follow up appt which i thought was weird.

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)