Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lfij

San Antonio

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ok, I'm going to san antonio this weekend on a road trip. I am actually staying at this gluten free bed and breakfast which i'm very excited about, at least one meal will be safe. The woman who owns it is supposed to be able to direct me towards gluten free places to eat during my stay, but I was wondering if anyone lives there/has visted there and has any suggestions of good gluten-free places to eat near the river walk!! Thanks in advance!

Are you staying at the Chicken Paradise? If so, enjoy!! I can recomend the Little Aussie Bakery. EVERYTHING there is gluten free!!!

Are you staying at the Chicken Paradise? If so, enjoy!! I can recomend the Little Aussie Bakery. EVERYTHING there is gluten free!!!

Yes! That's where I'm staying, I'm so excited, have you ever been there?

Just wanted to throw in a little input on San Antonio from back in November. The support group there is awesome! I got all my info from their webpage:

http://www.alamoceliac.org/

I went to the Little Aussie Bakery -- wonderful pizza and as other posters here have mentioned, the whole place is gluten free! It was amazing to eat bread dipped in olive oil as an appetizer in a restaurant, too! :) The tiramisu was also fantastic. There was nothing to worry about, and the best part, no questions to ask the waiter!

I also ate at Aldaco's; there's a gluten free menu at http://www.aldacos.net/menu/celiac.html, and the server helped me too. The salsa is hands down the best I've ever eaten. Darn the terrorists for messing up the possibility of taking liquids on a plane, because I really wanted to bring it home with me, but it was in a styrofoam cup with a lid. I met the owner -- super nice. Definitely go here if you are in San Antonio.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

It’s certainly possible.  Coffee and susbstances made from cow’s milk are common intolerances in Celiacs due the upset of your autoimmune system.  
    That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...