Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sjust

Blood Test For Celiac

We were given a lab slip today to have a celiac serology test done at the Prometheus lab in San Diego. My daughter is 6 months old and has never directly ingested gluten. I have been gluten-free for almost 4 months. Do I need to expose her to gluten either directly or through my breast milk prior to this test for a true result?

Thanks

Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Sarah,

I'm new to much of this too...I'm mainly replying because I saw that you're from Sacramento, which

is where I'm from too. Which doctor is ordering your daughter's blood tests? I just had a blood draw yesterday too for Prometheus, & am hoping to get some good answers about my own health problems. I have a 3 year-old daughter who doesn't have any signs of celiac thus far (thank goodness) but I want to know my genetic status so I know whether to test her or not. Keep us posted on how everything turns out! Good luck!

//Horsegirl

A dr. from Stanford Childrens Hospital actually ordered the test. We were seeing Dr. McDonald who is a ped. GI in Sac. but really don't like him. He pretty much refused to help us and just kept ordering one test over and over again.

Good luck with your tests.

Sarah

You need to be eating gluten to have it pass to your dd via bm or if she is eating solids have her eat gluten. The tests will not be accruate if you are gluten-free and she is gluten-free.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

It’s certainly possible.  Coffee and susbstances made from cow’s milk are common intolerances in Celiacs due the upset of your autoimmune system.  
    That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...