Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Sonograms/ultra Sound Tests

I haven't been feeling well due to gallbladder and you know when you're sick you imagine you have every dread disease. Anyway I was wondering if during an abdomenal ultrasound does test pick up tumors in other organs such as stomach and intestines?

I haven't been on board lately as I am too sick with this gallbladder stuff. I am see surgeon on Tuesday and might have the surgery Friday - if he can fit me in.

I don't know about the abdominal ultrasound, but I just wanted to wish you much luck with the surgeon on Tuesday--is that tomorrow or next week?

It's understandable that you're worried and imaginating the worst--I do that, too :) Try and relax until you know what you're actually dealing with--I'll keep positive thoughts for you that it's simply your gallbladder and that it gets taken care of quickly and smoothly.

Please keep us posted.

so if there's no shadow then there's nothing to investigate?

Do you know how far down into the abdominal area the sonogram goes?

my daughter had an MRI once that showed she had multi-cystic ovaries. the MRI was being done for hip pain, but it picked up the ovary problem because it was nearby. and----the ovary problem was not a problem, we discovered, after being referred to a gyno. i agree with blue-eyed-mamma---the ultra sound is likely to show something irregular if it is in the general area of the gall bladder. you could always mention to the tech that you are concerned about this and he might be a little more thorough with his ultra sound.

I think it may also depend on what the dr. writes on the script, as to what they look for. That has been the case with my procedures.

Best of luck, Deb, and I hope you find some answers and you start to feel better. Please keep us updated.

I recently had an ultrasound and a CT scan related to my gallbladder. Both reports included information on the other organs near my gallbladder, including my liver, pancreas and kidneys.

I hope the you feel better soon.

so if there's no shadow then there's nothing to investigate?

Do you know how far down into the abdominal area the sonogram goes?

It usually depends on what the doctor has written for as in how far it goes. So it will show the entire area around that organ but it the tech is going to concentrate on what the doctor is looking for. Sometimes if they don't see a shadow and you are still experiencing problems they may order additional tests.