Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Chicken Pox And Celiac

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the chances of getting chicken pox when you are a celiac. I know they said it is common to catch chicken pox when your immue system is low. So would being a celiac put us at greater risk in getting them. I did have them when i was 3 but it was a very mild case, and my stepson has not had them nor the vaccine. But Im pretty sure my 3 yr old has them now.

I was going to ask the dr when we go in 3 hours, but just wanted to know if anyone knew anything or have any articles that show anything, i have tried searching but have not found anything yet.

paula

thanks in advance

Well, I think Chicken Pox is one of those things you can catch easily regardless of wether you have Celiacs or not. It spreads like a wildfire. Good luck taking care of sick kiddies!

You are right about them spreading. My 4 yr old just came to me to scratch her back, and guess what i found bumps on her.

My two other boys jsut got back from my parents, so i guess time will tell if they get it next.

I guess it is best now then in 16 days when school starts lol

paula

Guest j_mommy

Just want to add our immune system is not low....it's in overdrive when we eat gluten.

I did not get the chix pox...even though my mother made me stay at cousins and friends houses when they had them!

You are right about them spreading. My 4 yr old just came to me to scratch her back, and guess what i found bumps on her.

My two other boys jsut got back from my parents, so i guess time will tell if they get it next.

I guess it is best now then in 16 days when school starts lol

paula

Until you know for sure what the rash is please make sure you stay away from any pregnant women. There are kiddy sicknesses that can really be serious for them and the baby. Your right about getting it over before school but I don't envy you guys having anything itchy in the summer heat. Hope your doctor was helpful and everyone is spot free soon.

my chicken pox put me in the ICU when i was 4.

if it's not too prying, why did you not have the kids vaccinated against chicken pox? i'm almost positive it's one of the required vaccines now--like the MMR.

my chicken pox put me in the ICU when i was 4.

if it's not too prying, why did you not have the kids vaccinated against chicken pox? i'm almost positive it's one of the required vaccines now--like the MMR.

They did get the chicken pox vaccine last week along with the other shots. But we found out it was not chicken pox but strep with scarlet fever. So it had nothing to do with the shots tg.

paula