Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldyjlox

I Am Thinking About Making...

Spagetti for dinner and I noticed that the tomato sauce says Citric Acid and it is on my forbiddin list, but it is so many things, every where says that if it is made in the US its okay...I live in Canada and so I shouldnt eat it?? the tomato sauce that I have says Product of USA so I am assuming that it okay. And Ketchup says white Vinegar which is also on the list but it says for some in brackets...what does this mean?? What type of ketcup and tomato sauce do you use??

Guest j_mommy

Vingerar should be ok....most vineagars are distilled and are ok. Since it is a product of US, you should be ok with citrus acid as well.

Must put this disclaimer in there though....when in doubt call/email the company especially since you live in Canada and your products may be different.

I use Heinz Ketchup and Prego spegetti sauce!

And they did not bother me!!! I had the gluten-free pasta for the first time and I was not so keen on it. Ut tasted really heavy, but like my husband said...you have to get used to it, some things will take baby steps.

What brand of pasta did you use? Trader Joe's makes a good one, but I only like their twisty ones, none of the others. Tinkyada is also really good, tastes just like wheat pasta.

Kassandra