Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ab123

A Fantastic Place To Shop For Food!

Today we were on our way to HEB and saw this small supermarket called Basic Food's. It said "organic" in the sign, so we stopped to see if they had any g.f. bread mix. We stopped, and it was amazing!! They had things that I didnt even know came gluten free!! I got gluten free OREOS!!!, pretzels, animal cookies, bread mix, chicken nuggets, HAMBURGER BUNS!! and several other things that I had tried before. As many of yall have probably felt before, I was feeling like "just having one bite" of a piece of normal bread. I was getting so frustrated with this new diet. Well, being able to have a hamburger with a bun was so amazing!! I am in love with this store! If you live anywhere close to the Beaumont area (even if its like 45 min. away) its def. worth going to!

Today we were on our way to HEB and saw this small supermarket called Basic Food's. It said "organic" in the sign, so we stopped to see if they had any g.f. bread mix. We stopped, and it was amazing!! They had things that I didnt even know came gluten free!! I got gluten free OREOS!!!, pretzels, animal cookies, bread mix, chicken nuggets, HAMBURGER BUNS!! and several other things that I had tried before. As many of yall have probably felt before, I was feeling like "just having one bite" of a piece of normal bread. I was getting so frustrated with this new diet. Well, being able to have a hamburger with a bun was so amazing!! I am in love with this store! If you live anywhere close to the Beaumont area (even if its like 45 min. away) its def. worth going to!

Hi ab123

I live in Arlingotn, Tx , I can't remember which way Beaumont is and are you talking about HEB being the Hurst - Euless - Bedford area and if you are I would love to know directions to this store Basic Food's, is everything priced reasonable. And I was getting so excited about your post Welcome to the board.

donna

Actually, it would be quite a ways for you to go to... Beaumont is by the Lousiania border close to Houston. The prices are great. They had a few sale items which was pretty super!