Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruelshoes

Question For Laptop Lunch Users

Question for the Laptop Lunch users:

Consider if you will the lunch I packed for my son this morning: PB sandwich, cantaloupe chunks and chocolate chip cookies. How do the laptop lunches do as far as taste/smell go when you are packing a variety of different things? If I had used a laptop lunch, would his sandwich taste like a PB & cantaloupe sandwich? Or would any of the liquid from the cantaloupe leak into the cookies and make them squishy?

I am trying to get over the mental hurdle of putting things in the different sections without wrapping them in plastic wrap or baggies. I want to use less wrap/baggies, and I am wondering Laptop Lunch users' experiences have been with things that have a distinct smell or are a little liquidy.

Thanks for any responses. I haven't bought a Laptop Lunch yet, but I am seriously considering it.

My daughter has not reported any leakage (liquid or smell) between containers. If it's something really wet I'll put it in the container with the lid. Other than that, things don't seep from container to container.

We've loved ours. I love packing DDs lunch and she likes to see what I've come up with each day.

My daughter has not reported any leakage (liquid or smell) between containers. If it's something really wet I'll put it in the container with the lid. Other than that, things don't seep from container to container.

We've loved ours. I love packing DDs lunch and she likes to see what I've come up with each day.

Why don't you put those sorts of foods in your laptop and carry it around and do as your son would w/ it. Open it up and see. bang it around put it in a backpack adn throw on ground and what not.

Test it.

I haven't had any problems with mine and I put tuna, salmon, salads, soup, yogurt, et cetera in it and haven't ever noticed any residual odor. On the days when I do have something with a lot of dressing or liquid, I'll put the actual lunch box inside a freezer sized ziploc bag because liquids can get out and into the insulated lunch bag. I find it's easier to wash a plastic bag that the whole insulated bag. Usually when I have a salad, I'll take out two or more of the inner containers and I think that's why the juice or dressing can escape. If I have all the containers inside it, even if they have liquids in them, I haven't had a problem with leakage.