Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollyres

Benadryl - Watch Out

I moved two months ago and my allergies were really acting up. I starting taking Benadryl, like four times a day, to keep down my allergies, but I started getting "glutened." I couldn't figure out where I was getting the exposure, and thought maybe it was the new environment and we were going to have to move! Then, I figured out that Benadryl was questionable, as they can not say for sure where the ingredients come from. Well, take it from me - there is gluten in it - probably low levels. I switched to Zyrtec (hate to change anything in my life), but I am SO much better. My stomach is as flat as a swimsuit model now! I have been border-line 5 months pregnant looking for 2 months. Just thought I would share. :)

I take 4 Benadryl every night before bed (allergies worst at night). I usually have the generic (Diphenhydramine HCL) from Costco or BJs or Walmart (Equate).

I have not had any problem with them.

I moved two months ago and my allergies were really acting up. I starting taking Benadryl, like four times a day, to keep down my allergies, but I started getting "glutened." I couldn't figure out where I was getting the exposure, and thought maybe it was the new environment and we were going to have to move! Then, I figured out that Benadryl was questionable, as they can not say for sure where the ingredients come from. Well, take it from me - there is gluten in it - probably low levels. I switched to Zyrtec (hate to change anything in my life), but I am SO much better. My stomach is as flat as a swimsuit model now! I have been border-line 5 months pregnant looking for 2 months. Just thought I would share. :)

I had called the company about benedryl - their response was that they could not say their product was gluten free for sure. They do not test for it.

I switched over to clarton. My little girl takes zyrtec.

I take claritin, anyone???

my understanding is it's gluten-free but it your are dairy...lactose or casein intolerant...it has that

the claritin D 12 hr has 273 mgs of lactose or casein..for get now but the

24 hr claritin does not have as much....UNLESS IT'S ALL CHANGED IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS.