This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Am Bummed

sickchick

sickchick Community Regular

I got dogged by my Dr! :ph34r:

Monday I had a lab apt for the Celiac blood draw. Drove out there and the Lab tech said can't do the test cause my ND forgot to send the "Lab order" to her. So she said to call the next day and they'd get me in for the draw after she heard back from my ND.

I called Tuesday no call back

I called Wednesday no call back.

Should I call and reschedule another appointment? I am not happy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gdobson Explorer

I am so sorry, Collette. You've been waiting so long for a definitive answer. I guess the only thing you really can do is keep calling back to reschedule.

That's pretty rotten.

Gina

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Collette,

How annoying! :angry: I know how you feel. Doctors just take their sweet time while we suffer. Why would they care? They are well and happy. I am still waiting on my doctor to checkout that lab for my Lyme tests. You would think it would occur to them I do not want to die and would like to be well and have a life for a change. :blink:

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

sickchick Community Regular

Thanks you guys. I am calling first thing monday morning.

NoGluGirl, do they have to give you crazy amounts of antibiotics for Lyme? :unsure: Make sure you are taking some good counter-yeast supplements, garlic or oregano oil would be good, and of course probiotics :) bleh

lovelove

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Collette,

Yes, they normally give you a ton of antibiotics for Lyme. I already have yeast overgrowth to the extreme, so I was hoping to go the herbal route if possible. I just have a feeling that will be difficult to do considering the fact there are no Lyme Literate Medical Doctors anywhere near here. :( The closest is in New York. I am uninsured, and my doctor does not know how to read Western Blots. The yeast is a huge issue, and I hope to at least start taking something for it as well. Right now, I am implementing the dietary changes.

I need to call my doctor as well. Let us know what happens! We will be anxious to hear! Hopefully, they will set up another blood draw and follow through! The unfortunate thing about the blood draw is, they are not always accurate. Mine came out negative before, and I found out from my current doctor about Celiacs being seronegative.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Cyprilic acid is also recommended for yeast, and that may be what I try first, then add to that later.

Guest thatchickali

Keep calling, keep calling, keep calling.

I called in a prescription refill on Thursday morning because I would be out of the meds Friday night, so they had 2 days to refill it. But they didn't so I have been without my meds and stuck in bed all weekend.

You would think they would have gone through all the refill requests by Friday afternoon, I even called 3 times throughout Friday afternoon. Nothing.

I will be calling tomorrow to tell them about my weekend and tell them that if they can't fill a refill request then they just need to give me refills on the prescription.

Doctors make me so angry sometimes.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Ali,

OMG! You had to go all weekend without your medication? :o That is awful! I hate it when doctors ignore the needs of their patients. They do it all of the time. I know my doctor is apprehensive about the tests for me, because she does not know how to read them. However, there is bound to be a doctor out there who can, and she should be able to find them if I cannot do it myself.

It is ridiculous we have to suffer for their mistakes. There are some medications you just cannot go cold turkey on. I am stuck on Celexa, and have been for six years. That is no thanks to the idiot doctors I had working on me up at IU Med. :angry: These SSRIs put you in terrible withdrawal if you try to stop taking them. People have even flipped out and committed suicide from it. I was weaned off of Paxil after being on it for six months when I was a teenager, and the withdrawal still was bad.

I hope we both get things fixed for ourselves. Waiting to get better is something we have done enough of. It is about time we get a life we deserve, where we can be active and healthy! Other people have no idea how good they have it. If only they knew what being like us was like.

Sincerely,

Jin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

If I can be nosy, what are these meds for, Ali?

Archived