Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoriG

Should I Take This Product? Please Advise.

Hello-

I am suffering from severe constipation and have done the usual recommendations such as increasing fiber, water, 1300mg of magnesium, different supplements/oils etc. and even resorted to enemas and colonics. Ugh! Well, I was doing research as to what really helps others and someone highly recommended Garden of Life Super Seeds product. It totally appears gluten free based on the ingredients and I was going to go get it tomorrow. I called the company and the lady said that there is no gluten in the ingredients, but she can't guarantee "traces" of it aren't in there??!!! I really wanted to try it for the constipation problem and sounds like it would work! Please help!! What should I do? Don't all company's say that to protect themselves? On another site, it says the "millet" is gluten-free. Here is the product description:

Garden of Life

Super Seed

600 grams

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (about 20g)

Servings Per Container: 30

Amount

Per Serving % Daily

Value*

Total Calories 80

Calories From Fat 20

Total Fat 2.5 g 4%

Saturated Fat 0 g 0%

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 15 mg 1%

Total Carbohydrates 8 g 4%

Dietary Fiber 7 g 28%

Sugars <1 g

Protein 7 g 13%

Vitamin C 2.5 mg 4%

Calcium 67 mg 7%

Iron 1.7 mg 9%

Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Alpha linolenic acid) 1.1 g

Perfect Fiber Blend: Flax seed meal, whole chia seed. 18,360 mg

Poten-Zyme Whole Food Fiber Blend: Amaranth sprout, quinoa sprout, millet sprout, buckwheat sprout, garbanzo bean sprout, kidney bean sprout, lentil sprout, adzuki sprout, flax sprout, sunflower sprout, pumpkin sprout, chia sprout, sesame sprout. 1500 mg

Cinnamon 124 mg

Stevia 16 mg

Proprietary Probiotic Blend: Lactobacillus plantarum, bifidobacterium lactis, bifidobacterium bifidum, lactobacillus rhamnosus, bifidobacterium breve, lactobacillus casei, lactobacillus salivarius, lactobacillus acidophilus 2 mg

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

100% Vegetarian. 100% Natural. This product is made with natural ingredients; therefore color and taste may vary from lot to lot.

Other Ingredients: Probiotic cultures.

Recommended Use: Mix 1 scoop with any food or beverage (room tempurature or cooler) and consume immediately. Super Seed can be mixed in smoothies, vegetable or fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, or soup. Super Seed can add nutritional value and fiber to nearly and food or beverage.

Warning: As with any dietary supplement consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or under medical supervision.

Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact Garden of Life at 561-748-2477

from a gluten standpoint, I don't know that it'll hurt, but if you're already getting plenty of soluble fiber and good fats, I don't know that it'll help either. some people trying taking more magnesium than that (particularly if you're taking calcium as well), or looking for other food intolerances. (e.g. dairy makes me constipated.)