Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collinsmom

Too Much Pee?

This is such an odd question, bu it seems like all of a sudden ds's diapers are leaking at night. Nothing in his bedtime routine has changed. He always gets a diaper change, then a bedtime bottle. Last night he peed 3 times while getting his diaper changed, didn't get a bedtime bottle, and his diaper still leaked by 2am!

Does anyone know if the amount peed, has anything to do with the amount of nutrients being absorbed by the body? I could be completely be off my rocker, but we changed his diet last week, and eliminated all the foods he was allergic too. Could this mean his body is starting to absorb nutrients it wasn't before?

The amount of pee produced has nothing to with nutrient absorbtion - but rather fluid intake. Especially in a child.

Is he active and alert - has an appetite? Perhaps when you eliminated the foods he was allergic to - his appetite did improve (becasue he feels better) and is eating more of the foods he can tolerate - and those foods have a lot of moisture ??)

If he seems tired, has dark circles under his eyes and the excessive pee continues - I would get him checked ASAP... to find out the cause.

Sandy

Excessive urination can also be an indicator of diabetes (as is excessive thirst and always being hungry), so I would definitely keep an eye on it!

Thanks I will. Lately he has been non-stop hungry and thirsty. Obviously I should not be jumping to conclusions, but I will keep my eye on it.

I think I am so used now to something being "wrong" I am starting to become overly.......paranoid if that is the right word.

How old is he?

With both of my sons, there just suddenly came a point where they were peeing a lot more, and had a leaky diaper most of the time. I can't remember exactly how old they were when this happened, but it seemed evident that it was a developmental thing- particularly because after this went on for several months, then they would start to longer between peeing.... then when they did pee it would be even more.

Just a thought.

-Sarah

Guest Doll
Thanks I will. Lately he has been non-stop hungry and thirsty. Obviously I should not be jumping to conclusions, but I will keep my eye on it.

I think I am so used now to something being "wrong" I am starting to become overly.......paranoid if that is the right word.

A child with Celiac is at a much higher risk for Type 1 diabetes. I would get him screened ASAP. Type 1 diabetes in very young children often leads to "flu-like" symptoms and coma fairly quickly if left untreated. Don't take the risk. Type 1 diabetes is easily screened for.

It may be nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.

Everyone in my family had a "pee-fest" shortly after going gluten-free. I'm not sure why but it went away on its own.

I also have a "pee-fest" a couple weeks after a glutening after the digestive symptoms have stopped.

Hi,

After reading your thread, I instantly thought diabetes. Since both Celiac and Diabetes are autoimmune disorders and often occur simultaneously in individuals, I would mention to the Dr. ASAP and pursue testing.

Good Luck

Guest Doll
Hi,

After reading your thread, I instantly thought diabetes. Since both Celiac and Diabetes are autoimmune disorders and often occur simultaneously in individuals, I would mention to the Dr. ASAP and pursue testing.

Good Luck

Just have to point out that only *Type 1 diabetes* (formerly known as Juvenile or insulin dependent diabetes) is an autoimmune disorder. The common, often"mild" form due to obesity is NOT (Type 2 diabetes). Sorry to point this out, just a touchy subject for me!!!

Agree with you 100% that this is worth a screening ASAP.