This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Do You Have Any Weird Food Behaviors Now?

Offthegrid

Offthegrid Explorer

Just curious if any other people eat "weird" things now that they are gluten-free.

For example, I use mustard a lot. (It's gluten-free and soy-free.) I'll dip pretty much anything in mustard -- potatoes, carrots, meat, whatever. I guess it's a way to replace butter and salad dressings for me, but it always makes DH say "gross!"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Phyllis28 Apprentice

I think that a gluten free diet opens the doors to trying food combinations that most people would think are strange. I like spaghetti sauce with meat over mashed potatoes and French Fries dipped in guacamole.

ab123 Rookie

Yeah, I get laughed at, or a grossed out look just about every meal I eat. Since going gluten free I believe spaghetti sauce can go on anything! Veggies, cheese, and spaghetti sauce, mashed potatoes and spaghetti sauce, rice and spaghetti sauce, etc.

I add chese to everything.

Sandwiches made out of van's waffles.

And I eat veggetables all the time...Like, ALL the time.

Oh, and not to mention bringing my own hamburger bun to burger resturaunts.

They think it is so weird, but its no big deal to me since its my lifestyle!

The One Apprentice

I agree! I don't often bake bread, though I do it a few times a month, but for "sandwiches" when I don't have bread or don't feel like baking it I usually wrap ham/lunchmeat in two corn tortillas or wrap my hotdogs [gluten free] in corn tortillas too, I eat more lentils/beans in all kinds of ways, cold bean salads, boiled beans and overall weird combinations, my husband always makes weird faces at the things I eat :D but he will try the ones that look/smell good, such as the breads, he loves it when i bake bread.

ab123 Rookie

OH! I forgot about everything you can do with corn tortillas! My fav. with those are to layer them with sauce, pizza, and cheese to make pizza

Archived