Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missmommy

gluten-free Flu Shot And Birthing Drugs?

is the flu shot gluten-free??

also wanted to know if the pain relief for birth is gluten-free?

Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water.

I will take away sickness from among you

Exodus 23:25

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

if you're pregnant you absolutely should not be getting the flu shot, gluten or no gluten

why not? both my family dr. and my ob/gyn recommeded it...it's not a live virus that's injected....

Myth: You are pregnant and should not get the influenza vaccine.

Fact: An influenza vaccine is safe during pregnancy. In fact, pregnant women who will be in their 3rd trimester during the influenza season, and pregnant women with high risk conditions, such as heart or lung disease, diabetes or weakened immune systems, are recommended to get the influenza vaccine to protect themselves. Influenza vaccine is provided free to pregnant women who will be in their 3rd trimester during the influenza season, or who have high risk conditions. If you have any questions about getting an influenza shot during your pregnancy, speak with your doctor or health care provider.

Healthy pregnant women who may deliver their baby during the influenza season should get an influenza shot to protect their newborn baby. Babies less than six months of age, especially newborns, are at high risk from the complications of influenza, but they cannot be vaccinated because their immune response to the vaccine is not as strong.

Vaccination for mothers and other close contacts can help protect babies and reduce their risk of infection. It is safe for babies to breastfeed after mothers receive the influenza vaccine.

From the BC Health Files

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter