Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was very curious if anyone here has had to get dentures because of the celiac disease. I have gone for so long without a diagnosis that I may have to get dentures. I was wondering if anyone knew if the glue you use to hold them in is gluten free. I sure could use help with this one.

sistergoldenhair :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think there are a lot of us in that boat. Although they are trying to fight to save mine I wonder if the thousands of dollars we are spending on crowns is really worth it. As for the adhesive you are wise to wonder. Your best bet for an answer is going to be to call the company that makes it. I sometimes am a sneaky pete and write down the phone numbers and bar code numbers from the products I need to know about in the store then call when I get home. That prevents having to return products.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)