Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bugstabber

Gluten Free Deli Meat

Di Lusso is a deli meat brand made by Hormel. I don't know if it is sold all across the US, but the HyVee stores in the midwest carry it. On the website it stated that the beef summer sausage was gluten free along with mustards, etc. I checked with the company and they stated: "The only non-gluten free DI LUSSO Deli meat would be the Olive Loaf;

all other deli meats would be gluten free." This is great news for me, I can get a couple ounces for a quick lunch on the run.

Here's the Hormel website with the gluten free product list: http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/glutenfree/default.aspx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hormel also sells deli meats called Natural Choice and there's no additives or preservatives - plus it's gluten free! I get this meat from Meijer.

Laura

Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 1992

Diagnosed Adult ADD and Panic Disorder 2005

Diagnosed Gluten Intolerant 2006

We use Boar's Head brand or Hormel, sometimes Wegmans, it depends on what mood I am in at the deli counter.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I am a "hormel -a holic"

Lets not forget their pepperoni is gluten-free also and says so right on their labels!

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

If you go to www.hormel.com and look under responsibility, click products, there is a whole list of gluten free products! :)

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic

I actually have never had a chance to post on here yet, although I've been sucking up loads of knowledge (thanks!) for a few months now. Just wanted to add in that if there is a Shoprite near any of you they have a deli meat line called Black Bear. It's a really good quality and all of it is gluten free. My mother ordered 2 different meat/cheese platters for Christmas for the whole family (I was busy away in the kitchen making the gluten-free rolls,lol) and they really went out of there way to make sure everything was perfect. They sent a list of all the ingredients (just wanted us to personally check it), made sure the slicers were thoroughly sanitized (yeah, they suppose to be anyway but it was nice to hear), and was on the phone with my mother several times to make sure everything was ok. And it was great to know that my kids, me and the hubby didn't have to cook a whole spread for everyone and were safe to eat away. We are so extremely satisfied with them! Just thought I'd pass along the goodness.. :lol: