Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Molecular Dude

Has Anyone Tried The New gluten-free Bakery In Pittsburgh?

I understand that there is a new gluten-free bakery, called Gluuteny, in the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh, PA. Has anyone tried it? if so, how was it? I used to live in that area and will likely be going back to visit sometime soon. I'm hoping that this bakery is something to look forward to.

Thanks

Life is to LIVE, not to suffer. Make the most of it, and have some FUN, regardless of your situation.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was first in the door on opening day!!!! They have a cinnamon loaf to die for.......

Also in McDonald Pa their is a gluten-free cafe & bakery ..... And also a bakery to the north in the Allison Park area. A wonderful Italian place in Hermitage Pa... if you like to travel around a bit!!!

mamaw

Gluuteny also has bread that is pretty good, cookies, brownies, cupcakes -- unfortunately (for my waist) everything I have tried there had been good!

I was first in the door on opening day!!!! They have a cinnamon loaf to die for.......

Also in McDonald Pa their is a gluten-free cafe & bakery ..... And also a bakery to the north in the Allison Park area. A wonderful Italian place in Hermitage Pa... if you like to travel around a bit!!!

mamaw

Hi,

Did either one of these bakerys have gluten free hamburger buns ? If so did you happen to try them ? I have been looking for a good hamburger bun for my husband and every place that we've ordered from look like hamburger buns but they are so heavy and do not taste too good.

Thanks

Sue

Sue

Husband diagnosed with Celiac 4/2006

Positive blood test, verified through biopsy

We have four children (no signs yet) Knock on wood

Hi Sue

I can tell you to date the best hamburger bun is Against the Grain Gourmet out of Battleboro, Vt. I waited five years to actually have a burger on a real deal bun. I think most of the places that say they have burger buns are actually more like & look like a muffin type. Not my idea of a burger bun. These are excellent , they are buttery so if you don't mind the buttery taste I say excellent.

I see you are in Ohio. I know they are not in Ohio as yet. Are you close to the Pa line? If so there are places in Beaver Falls, & McMurray Pa to buy from or they may ship them to you.

I just had a sloppy Joe last night for supper using the bun..... yummy.

Also if you want ot send me a private e-mail, I do come to Ohio & maybe we could meet & I could bring them over if you like..... I'm in the Boardman area several times a month.

hth

mamaw

Hi Sue

I can tell you to date the best hamburger bun is Against the Grain Gourmet out of Battleboro, Vt. I waited five years to actually have a burger on a real deal bun. I think most of the places that say they have burger buns are actually more like & look like a muffin type. Not my idea of a burger bun. These are excellent , they are buttery so if you don't mind the buttery taste I say excellent.

I see you are in Ohio. I know they are not in Ohio as yet. Are you close to the Pa line? If so there are places in Beaver Falls, & McMurray Pa to buy from or they may ship them to you.

I just had a sloppy Joe last night for supper using the bun..... yummy.

Also if you want ot send me a private e-mail, I do come to Ohio & maybe we could meet & I could bring them over if you like..... I'm in the Boardman area several times a month.

hth

mamaw

Hi,

I have never heard of Beaver Falls or McMurray PA is either one close to Pittsburgh PA ? If so do you happen to know the name of the store I could purchase these at ?

Thanks

Sue

Sue

Husband diagnosed with Celiac 4/2006

Positive blood test, verified through biopsy

We have four children (no signs yet) Knock on wood

A wonderful Italian place in Hermitage Pa... if you like to travel around a bit!!!

mamaw

Mamaw, can you tell me the Italian place in Hermitage, PA? Thanks so much!

Gaye of PA

Newly diagnosed gluten intolerant in February 2008