Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedora

Hi. New Here- Varies Topics

hi. new here. Noticing people have lots of allergies, not just celiac. Is there a way anyone new it was something else and not just celiac. What about my children. One has no symptoms, but 2 might have some.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, and welcome to the board!

Yes, a lot of people have multiple intolerances. I don't know if multiple intolerances are more common in people with Celiac, or if Celiacs are just more AWARE of them.

It's hard to give you useful advice without more info--

Are you and all three of your children Celiac/gluten intolerant? When you say one of your kids has no symptoms, do you mean they are an asymptomatic Celiac (no symptoms when they get glutened, even though they're Celiac) or are they Celiac and are currently symptom-free only because they are gluten-free? Are the other two currently gluten-free and still having symptoms? Are you/your kids self-diagnosed or doctor-diagnosed? What happened when you all initially went gluten-free? Etc...

If gluten is the only problem, then symptoms should subside once gluten is completely removed from the diet. If there are still symptoms, or symptoms come back, then there are two possibilities. 1- Hidden gluten is sneaking into the diet. or 2-- There is an additional intolerance that needs to be addressed.

Other intolerances can generally be found by doing an elimination diet. This takes time and organization, but is the best way to do it. If you're interested in details, let us know and we can help you with that.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

hi. I put up a large post with my medical history in the prediagnosis topics. I am a poster child of symptoms since 10- joint pain, dislocated joints due to muscles, diarhea, vomiting, constipation, rashes, anxiety, depression, fatigue, etc. I am 32 now. Luckily they having all happened at the same time, but rotated. I self diagnosed years after doctor suggested it. Wheat free diet beneficial for years, but still had problems. Now gluten free only over a week and already feeling better some.

DD- 6 years old, almost 7 still only 40.5 pounds. She is lean. She has weighed this for a long time. She gets mouth sores all the time, gets cranky for no reason at all. sometimes sad and weepy(though not too much), large poops

her twin- my DS- same age almost 7- severe leg pains(has happened during the day, but usually occurs at night- he howls), colic as baby, have seen him vomit cheese twice(He only eats it on store bought pizza???), spoke late, mild speech impediments, large poops

DS 10 yesterday- no symptoms but has Massive bms- read a post where a DR recognized that as a symptom.

I live in a liberal , community very open to natural healing. I have gone to Drs and said I have Wheat allergy, and they believed me. But my town is very small, no GI here.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

I knew to start looking for another food intolerance when I started feeling sick again after ten months of feeling great being gluten-free. It was easy for me to track down - everytime I ate peanut butter I felt sick. Other food intolerances can be more of a challenge to figure out.

I guess it's up to you to know the health of your kids and if you think it's normal. If they don't have any reoccurring health issues, there's probably nothing to worry about.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.