This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Missing Cookbook Support Group

imsohungry

imsohungry Collaborator

Welcome everyone :P

Many of you have read my thread in "Coping With Celiac" that states that I can't find any of my cookbooks since I have moved.

I need a recipe please...I simply can't stand being without Carol Fenster's cookbook any longer.

Would someone mind posting her Pizza Crust recipe (the yeast free version) out of her Special Diet Solutions cookbook? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms and need this pizza to survive.

Thank you so much! B) You guys are great!

-Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

debmidge Rising Star

Since this is a Support Group: Hello, my name is Deb and I am a loser. ;)

I don't have a copy of the cookbook or receipe but I wanted to show my support in that I lose things all the time. The one item I lost that still breaks my heart is my husband's NAVY ring. So I understand your frustration at losing a box of stuff. I also lost a gift certificate about 10 years ago - I think I threw it away in error. Today I lost a piece of paper which had my storage unit security code on it. I found it as I discovered I had a hole in the lining of my new pocketbook. <_<

Many years ago I lost a slip - don't ask me how because it didn't leave my apartment. I think a friend of a family member stole it. But I digress: I lose things often and oftentimes find them maybe even years later. I am trying to come to grips with being such a "loser" and hope this support group has a 12 step program for me to improve myself. :D

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Since this is a Support Group: Hello, my name is Deb and I am a loser. ;)

I don't have a copy of the cookbook or receipe but I wanted to show my support in that I lose things all the time. The one item I lost that still breaks my heart is my husband's NAVY ring. So I understand your frustration at losing a box of stuff. I also lost a gift certificate about 10 years ago - I think I threw it away in error. Today I lost a piece of paper which had my storage unit security code on it. I found it as I discovered I had a hole in the lining of my new pocketbook. <_<

Many years ago I lost a slip - don't ask me how because it didn't leave my apartment. I think a friend of a family member stole it. But I digress: I lose things often and oftentimes find them maybe even years later. I am trying to come to grips with being such a "loser" and hope this support group has a 12 step program for me to improve myself. :D

I'd join, but then I'd lose the website..............

imsohungry Collaborator

HA! You are both doing great! :lol:

Step 1: Admitting you have a problem

Hello, my name is Julie.

I'm a cookbook loser. I have recently destoyed perfectly harmless food because of my disorganization.

I need a support person for the times I am weak...Carol Fenster would do. I think her pizza recipe would help. ;)

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I don't have that cookbook, but I ama loser in lots of other ways. Can I still join? :rolleyes:

I googled "carol Fenster Pizza Crust" and came up with this recipe. Open Original Shared Link

Hope that's the one you are looking for.

Darn210 Enthusiast

:lol::lol:

Hello, My name is Janet and I am a loser . . .

And this is my standard way of losing something:

Hey this <fill in the blank> is really important. I would hate to lose it. I better put it in a safe place. . . never to be seen again.

missy'smom Collaborator
:lol::lol:

Hello, My name is Janet and I am a loser . . .

And this is my standard way of losing something:

Hey this <fill in the blank> is really important. I would hate to lose it. I better put it in a safe place. . . never to be seen again.

:lol::lol::lol: Been there. Done that. Only with me it's usually $20+ and found 5 years later, so ends up being a happy surprize.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Piesmom Apprentice
:lol::lol::lol: Been there. Done that. Only with me it's usually $20+ and found 5 years later, so ends up being a happy surprize.

Hi, my name is Kelly and I am a loser of the worst kind.

My hubby gave me $400 to hold on to until our credit card came (for something he charged). I put it in a TV guide...kind of as a book mark and set it on the counter in "my spot". Well fast forward 2 weeks and we are expecting company so I am tidying up and I THROW OUT THE TV GUIDE. I cried for days. I need help too.

I don't have the crust recipe...I probably had it at one time but lost it!

WW340 Rookie
Welcome everyone :P

Many of you have read my thread in "Coping With Celiac" that states that I can't find any of my cookbooks since I have moved.

I need a recipe please...I simply can't stand being without Carol Fenster's cookbook any longer.

Would someone mind posting her Pizza Crust recipe (the yeast free version) out of her Special Diet Solutions cookbook? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms and need this pizza to survive.

Thank you so much! B) You guys are great!

-Julie

I hope this is it from Carole Fenster

1 tablespoon gluten-free dry yeast

2/3 cup brown rice flour or bean flour

1/2 cup tapioca flour

2 tablespoons dry milk powder or non-dairy milk powder*

2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder

1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning

2/3 cup warm water (105 degrees)

1/2 teaspoon sugar or 1/4 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 teaspoon cider vinegar

cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In medium bowl using regular beaters (not dough hooks), blend

the yeast, flours, dry milk powder, xanthan gum, salt, gelatin

powder, and Italian herb seasoning on low speed. Add warm water,

sugar (or honey), olive oil, and vinegar. Beat on high speed for

3 minutes. (If the mixer bounces around the bowl, the dough is

too stiff. Add water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time,

until dough does not resist beaters.) The dough will resemble soft

bread dough. (You may also mix in bread machine on dough

setting.)

Put mixture into 12-inch pizza pan or on baking sheet (for thin,

crispy crust), 11 x 7-inch pan (for deep dish version) that has

been coated with cooking spray. Liberally sprinkle rice flour

onto dough, then press dough into pan, continuing to sprinkle

dough with flour to prevent sticking to your hands. Make edges

thicker to contain the toppings.

Bake the pizza crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread

pizza crust with your favorite sauce and toppings. Bake for

another 20-25 minutes or until top is nicely browned.

Preparation = 45 minutes. Serves 6.

imsohungry Collaborator

Kelly, Janet, and everyone (HUG) :wub:

I, too, lose receipts, money, and gift cars (as if I have any money to waste).

Oh, and I also lose toenail clippers! (which gives my husband an excuse to blame his ugly feet on me!) <_<

Thank you so much for the recipe and recipe links! I need to pick up yeast and gelatin at the store. I did more unpacking today...still no cookbooks. :rolleyes:

Kelly,

I've got to say, for today, you are the biggest loser in the thread. :P You lost $400 dollars in a TV Guide? (sounds like the first line of a country song)

"I lost four hundred dollars in my TV Guide, but the trash was emptied when I went outside...la la la." :lol:

Take care everyone! Happy gluten-free cooking!

-Julie

Hey, I just found a paycheck I never got cashed from my employer in 2005. I win.

dbmamaz Explorer

I can almost top the $400 story. When I was going through a divorce (and living in a bad neighborhood) my mother thought it would cheer me up if she gave me a ring of hers I used to like as a kid - gold with a real peridot, a big one. She also gave me her original wedding ring, since she wore my dad's on a necklace and had a replacement one w diamonds.

I had no idea what to do with them, so I put them on a high shelf, and eventually put my and my hubby's rings with them. Finally, my ex was coming to get some things of his out of the house, when i wouldnt be there (there was a protective order, but i said it was ok). So i decided to hide all the rings, in an old purse, in the bottom of a messy closet.

Yeah, same sorta story, I cleaned up the closet without looking in the old purse, and months later realized what i'd done . .. painful but at least it wasnt cash i needed for a bill . .. but still kinda hurts to think about the things I threw out . . . .

You win.

Piesmom Apprentice

Aren't we a sorry lot :wacko: ?!

Aren't we a sorry lot :wacko: ?!

Well, I blamed mine on gluten. What do you guys blame yours on?

Piesmom Apprentice
Kelly,

I've got to say, for today, you are the biggest loser in the thread. :P You lost $400 dollars in a TV Guide? (sounds like the first line of a country song)

"I lost four hundred dollars in my TV Guide, but the trash was emptied when I went outside...la la la." :lol:

Thanks for that Julie. I needed a pick-me-up today so I went back and read that...it just cracks me up! :P

I think I really like this club girls! Hugs to all! :wub:

Piesmom Apprentice

I'm afraid I don't know what to blame it on! I'll have to find an excuse...

Extremely sidetracked maybe? Too much to do (being the woman in the house)? I just dunno what to blame it on!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Mine's hereditary. My great-grandmother used to hide things so the "Burglars" wouldn't get it. Then she wouldn't be able to find it later and assumed that the burglars did get it. My grandmother use to have to go and find her things for her (found her shoes in the dryer). One time, the burglars even stole her dentures!!!

imsohungry Collaborator
Mine's hereditary. My grandmother use to have to go and find her things for her (found her shoes in the dryer). One time, the burglars even stole her dentures!!!
:lol:

OMG, that sounds just like my grandmother! She's such a hoot. Before my grandfather passed away, he gave her a gun to protect herself from burglars. Well, she tried one night...and nearly shot my cousin! :P

Kelly,

Didn't I tell ya I write country songs? HA!!! ;) Actually, I just have a nack for rhyming.

Come on...give me any two words, I'll make up some kind of stupid one-liner about it. Talk about a totally useless talent! Well, I don't know, Dr. Seuss did pretty well for himself.

O.k. ladies, what can I blame my loser "status" on? I've got to think about this one. I'll get back with ya on this. :blink:

Totally random thought:

Perhaps I'm not a loser at all, maybe everyone I know has been stealing stuff from me...like cleptomaniacs (compulsive takers). Makes sense, who could possibly lose as much junk as I do? :rolleyes:

-Julie :ph34r:

Archived