Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sansglutengrl

Nausea

:wacko:

Hi People,

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. Ok, I need some help. I think I got glutened via cross-contamination last week (symptoms of glutening, but a slightly lesser degree than when directly glutened - does that make sense?) - and I'm ok, going to work and things - so not completely incapacitated. While I'm thankful that this isn't the full out gluten attack, I am just basically sick of being nauseas every damn day!

I'm not hungry AT ALL, and when I force myself to eat, my stomach rebels and I have to sit and deep breathe until the waves pass over so I don't get sick. Sugar totally sounds disgusting to me, so it's hard to handle ginger ale or anything. What do you guys do to combat this? I'm looking for something a little less intense than Pepto and the like so I don't get the big C. There must be something out there that JUST combats nausea, any ideas??

slightly green sansglutengrl... ;(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Don't know why but a banana seems to settle things for me.

ken

:wacko:

Hi People,

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. Ok, I need some help. I think I got glutened via cross-contamination last week (symptoms of glutening, but a slightly lesser degree than when directly glutened - does that make sense?) - and I'm ok, going to work and things - so not completely incapacitated. While I'm thankful that this isn't the full out gluten attack, I am just basically sick of being nauseas every damn day!

I'm not hungry AT ALL, and when I force myself to eat, my stomach rebels and I have to sit and deep breathe until the waves pass over so I don't get sick. Sugar totally sounds disgusting to me, so it's hard to handle ginger ale or anything. What do you guys do to combat this? I'm looking for something a little less intense than Pepto and the like so I don't get the big C. There must be something out there that JUST combats nausea, any ideas??

slightly green sansglutengrl... ;(

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I have this same symptom after getting glutened. I stick with foods that sound appetizing (usually salads, fruit, and water) until I feel better. Hope you feel better soon!

I wonder if dramamine would help? Is that gluten-free? I've also heard that B6 vitamin supplements can help.

I have total sympathy. I'm also suffering today. Woke at 2am and couldn't sleep beacuse of nausea. Now I just have extreme tiredness and my inside feels all beaten up and raw. I am drinking a ginger Yogi tea unsweetend and it seems to be settling although I really don't feel like eating. Is Coke gluten free? flat coke used to be good for nausea and my mother in law suggested aloe vera.

I wish I knew what had cc'd me last night. It was lovely food my husband had cooked but I did find the 'old' gluten food wooden spoon in the gluten-free pasta sauce. :(

Hope you feel better. Gwen

gluten free 11/1/07

CF, SF, 02/08

posative Enterolab results 3/11/08

HLA-DQB1, Allele 0303

HLA-DQB1, Allele 0609

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 9,6)

Yes, I can totally relate! As far as meds/things to help, the only thing that sometimes helps me are prescription strength anti-nausea meds. I am taking phenergan right now, I used to take Zofran.

I also was going to suggest ginger tea, unsweetened. It may help you. I really don't have much else to say, because I am still getting over being glutened myself, with extreme nausea. :(

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007