Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenlove

Accidental Glutening List

Yea I've kicked myself a few times too. Can remember being extremely hungry after a long day working in Japan a year ago and picking up one of those rice balls, not thinking and taking a bite. Can't remember where we were driving but as soon as I bit into it and remembered the soy sauce taste. i dumped the bag of stuff on the seat and spit up into the bag trying to get it all out of me. I was really lucky that time.

Although Male, I'm told I often look 7 months pregnant usually by my 30 year old son who I remind had always wanted a younger brother <G>

You know how people have re-occuring nightmares... mine is i'm eating something... then all of the sudden i realize there is gluten in it and i spend the rest of the night throwing up - in my dreams and in real life. I feel as if I get glutened from dreaming about eating gluten!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

Strangest one would have been hubby out in the garage drinking beer with his friends...... I come home from being gone 2 days at work and he comes into the kitchen whips me around and plants a really nice kiss on me...... crud... he was drinking beer.... somedays life just stinks, lol

LOL -- know that one.. as soon as I tasted the beer.... I yelled oh poop and almost bit his tounge! LOL

But it was chocolate beer... :)

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

I had to resurrect this thread because I have just found gluten in a very odd place - in the cat litter!

I called their 800 number to complain about the fact that it is marketed as "dust free" but when I pour it I am engulfed in a cloud of fine dust and when Sam comes out of his box he has dust up to his "elbows" and tracks the stuff all over!

The company told me that yes it is 100% organic, shouldn't have any dust, and is made of 100% barley! Who would have thought!

Think we'll be switching brands now.

a

Thats one I never would have thought about-- glad my cats live outside!

Kind of easy for them here in Hawaii :D

I had to resurrect this thread because I have just found gluten in a very odd place - in the cat litter!

I called their 800 number to complain about the fact that it is marketed as "dust free" but when I pour it I am engulfed in a cloud of fine dust and when Sam comes out of his box he has dust up to his "elbows" and tracks the stuff all over!

The company told me that yes it is 100% organic, shouldn't have any dust, and is made of 100% barley! Who would have thought!

Think we'll be switching brands now.

a

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Aparently, cat litter is often made with wheat!!! There's a fancy schmancy pet supply place near me that has tons of gluten-free pet food, they actually warned me not to buy their wheatey cat litter!! There is this pine stuff I use now, called "healthy pet" brand "cracked pine" or something.

Poor glutened kitties!!