Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radgirl

Oil Of Olay Body Soap

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello, I wrote Oil of Olay after using their Hypoallergenic body wash. I did discover it had gluten. They informed me that they didn't see causing a problem for celiac disease because you would have to ingest it. All I know is that it left me with a horrible itchy rash. I don't bother using their body wash after that. It is possible the formulation has changed in the last year, but I won't use it anymore.

Hello, I wrote Oil of Olay after using their Hypoallergenic body wash. I did discover it had gluten. They informed me that they didn't see causing a problem for celiac disease because you would have to ingest it. All I know is that it left me with a horrible itchy rash. I don't bother using their body wash after that. It is possible the formulation has changed in the last year, but I won't use it anymore.

I'm more concerned with their bars of soap. How did you find out the body wash had gluten.

The ingredients in the label. I believe that I have DH. I had horrible itching for almost a year. When I wrote them, they replied it shouldn't matter since I wasn't eating it. I am not sure about their bar soap. You could call or email them to find out. Wendy

When I contacted them a while ago they told me the only gluten-free products they have are the unscented lotion for sensitive skin. I didn't ask about the bar soap but if it has a fragrance it most likely is not safe. I usually won't use any products by any company that tells me since I don't eat it, it is safe. I don't feel they will actually give me a correct answer.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

When I contacted them a while ago they told me the only gluten-free products they have are the unscented lotion for sensitive skin. I didn't ask about the bar soap but if it has a fragrance it most likely is not safe. I usually won't use any products by any company that tells me since I don't eat it, it is safe. I don't feel they will actually give me a correct answer.

Because something has fragrance automatically puts it into the not safe mode? Explain please?

Because something has fragrance automatically puts it into the not safe mode? Explain please?

Many companies don't know exactly what is in the fragrances and the vehicle or other chemical components for them can be derived from a gluten grain oil or alcohol.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

This almost the same response I got from L'Oreal last year when I called them about a body lotion. They said that the fragrances could contain gluten.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003