Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigertail

Milk Of Magnesia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

According to the Clan Thompson Smart Drug List, Phillips Milk of Magnesia (all flavors) status is "UNKNOWN" - the company has stated that the product has no gluten-containing ingredients, but it is made in a facility that makes gluten containing products and could be subject to CC - no statement appears about cleaning the lines or anything. I would not trust it.

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

Join eNewsletter

According to the Clan Thompson Smart Drug List, Phillips Milk of Magnesia (all flavors) status is "UNKNOWN" - the company has stated that the product has no gluten-containing ingredients, but it is made in a facility that makes gluten containing products and could be subject to CC - no statement appears about cleaning the lines or anything. I would not trust it.

Thank you for your help! Thats sort of what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Do you happen to know of anything simalar to milk of magnesia that is gluten free that I could mention to my dr?

Join eNewsletter

Thank you for your help! Thats sort of what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Do you happen to know of anything simalar to milk of magnesia that is gluten free that I could mention to my dr?

This might offer you options: (updated 12-07)

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Milk of Magnesia is made basically for the magnesium, which is a very very common deficiency for Celiacs. Many of us take a magnesium supplement, including myself. I use a powdered form mixed in orange juice. The acid of the juice greatly enhances the absorption. There are many forms, and I've basically found that magnesium citrate and magnesium carbonate work well, and don't taste bad in the juice. The NOW Foods brand has both of these types.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter