Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elmuyloco5

Protein Powders

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Many are - but always check the ingredient label, as sometimes they'll "specialize" and add wheat grass or something like that. :) You can also get rice protein powder, hemp powder, whey powder (if you're not dairy sensitive), and pea protein, to name a few. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I use both Hempmilk and hemp protein. I like the chocolate hempmilk for smoothies, it is nice and thick and creamy and has the highest protein level of any of the milks, if that is what your looking for. The protein is also very easily digested.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Lots of protein powders are gluten free...just read the labels, and it will say "free of: gluten....". There is an egg white protein powder from Now Foods that I was using for a while and really liked. I actually just ordered some rice protein powder because I can't tolerate eggs anymore, so I can let you know how I like it when it comes.

The only thing about using products such as hemp milk, is that they're high in sugar. That's why protein powder's are so great...they're just protein!

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007