Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneScrewLoose

Protein Powder

I used to work out a lot and would have a protein shake afterwards...that was a while ago, and I now know I can't have gluten, casein nor soy protein. I'm looking for a shake that I can have. I was wondering if the soy lecithin is going to have remnant soy protein. Also, whey protein is the gold standard for bodybuilding. Is it inevitable have some left over casein? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't suppose I'd be consuming either soy lecithin or whey if I had such sensitivities as yourself.

I do know that protein shakes are easy to make though, so that's what I'd suggest. There are a number of decent protein sources you could use in a shake, such as peas, flax, chia, and I think I read hemp too, but not sure ATM.

Incidentally, you can get a LOT of protein from green peas, and they're relatively cheap compared to other things. A bowl of pea soup would actually supply quite a number of nutrients besides the protein, and a good amount of fiber too.

BTW, if you Google sunflower lecithin, you'll find some places to get it, if you ever find you need it for something.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.