Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magdalena Rose

I'm New:) And Need Specific Products That You Trust

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Celiac two months ago and have been struggling to find foods that I can really trust. Some companies claim to be gluten free but maybe are not :( . I am looking for any and all suggestions !!

for example...

1) a source of nuts and nut butters that are definitely not contaminated

2) hemp seeds (Nutiva packages in the same facility that also packages gluten so I don't know if they are totally good or not)

3) Flax seeds

4) Flours

5) Brown rice (Lundberg seems to be good but I am not totally sure)

6) Beans

Any suggestions I would really appreciate. I just discovered that two of my brothers are also allergic to gluten so they would appreciate it too ;). Thank you so much for taking the time to respond... it really means a lot to me to have some help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Celiac two months ago and have been struggling to find foods that I can really trust. Some companies claim to be gluten free but maybe are not :( . I am looking for any and all suggestions !!

for example...

1) a source of nuts and nut butters that are definitely not contaminated

2) hemp seeds (Nutiva packages in the same facility that also packages gluten so I don't know if they are totally good or not)

3) Flax seeds

4) Flours

5) Brown rice (Lundberg seems to be good but I am not totally sure)

6) Beans

Any suggestions I would really appreciate. I just discovered that two of my brothers are also allergic to gluten so they would appreciate it too ;). Thank you so much for taking the time to respond... it really means a lot to me to have some help!

This is a list of companies who will clearly list all gluten:

http://www.glutenfreeindy.com/foodlists/in...donothidegluten

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Walmart's great value brand will mark gluten free on the their applicable products.

If you live in an area with a Wegmans grocery store, they also mark their house brand products with a G in a circle which is gluten free.

I use products at both places and have not had a problem, it makes it easy to buy dressings, marinades, other items.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Magdalena Rose

A good place to find nut butters is Futter's Nut Butters. They make quiet a variety and they are all safe. The company is near Chicago in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. I reall like these nut butters.

Susan

Dairy/Cesain free Oct. 2005

Gluten free June 2006

I've eaten Trader Joe's nuts and nut butters safely. Trader Joe's labels the things which are produced in the same facility, or on the same equipment as, gluten. They also carry gluten free ginger snaps, granola, and cereals at much cheaper prices than some places. Oddly enough, their gluten-free waffles are made on the same equipment as gluten, so I don't trust those, but the labeling is very clear.

Bob's Red Mill flours are safe as far as I know, there haven't been any cross-contamination complaints. They have every flour you can think of, and lots of lovely mixes. All of their gluten-free stuff is made in a dedicated facility. Also, if you have an Ocean State Job Lot store near you, they carry them at a discount!

I have not heard any complaints about Lundberg rice, I eat it myself. If you have any doubts about a brand, try putting the brand name into the search at the top of this page, and reading the results that come up. That should give you the best idea if anyone's ever had a problem with that brand or product.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill