Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cyberprof

Happy 1 Year Anniversary To Me!

I was diagnosed 2/12/07 and went gluten free a year ago today. I could NEVER have done it without you wonderful people. Truly, you all were lifesavers.

I had many tests, a few mistakes along the way and a did a lot of learning. I'm very happy that I am basically healthy and that there is nothing else (major) wrong with me and my health. I think I dodged other celiac bullets, including diabetes and thyroid problems. I am eating much better than I did before-- no trans fats, no high-fructose corn syrup, few empty carbs. I still haven't lost the weight that I gained during the two years when my celiac became active (25 pounds) but I have faith that I will eventually.

Eating is easy except for eating out and at business functions. I'm so glad I can cook and that there are many gluten-free things available. My hope is that celiac becomes more well known, that doctors can diagnose it more accurately and that all of us can live healthily ever after.

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations on a successful, healthy year! :D

My son will hit his 3 year mark March 13.

7 years for me in October. I don't even remember what poptarts tasted like - just that I loved them! :P

It's all worth it to feel good!

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Happy Anniversary, it is awesome you are feeling so good :)

I know how happy I was when I started to feel good again, it is like becoming a whole new person. I think I got a whole new attitude and look on like as well.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif