This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Question About Bm's & Celiac Symptoms During Pregnancy

alamaz

alamaz Collaborator

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and have noticed, since we got back from vacation that my BM's have gone from fine to starting out fine and then ending soft and unformed. I can't for the life of me determine if this is from something I'm eating, something I did eat or normal pregnancy body changes. The only thing I've changed since vacation (where I'm 99.9% sure I didn't get glutened however I think my reactions are not as strong since I'm pregnant) is a new probiotic so I'm going to stop taking it for a week and see where I end up. But could this be normal due to hormonal changes? Since I hit 28 weeks it seems all those ugly pregnancy things have hit me hard where as prior to that I didn't really feel "pregnant" or have a lot of the various pregnancy related issues. I plan on talking to my doc. of course at my next appt. but considering they don't know much about celiac I'm not holding my breath for an answer that makes any sense :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyberprof Enthusiast
I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and have noticed, since we got back from vacation that my BM's have gone from fine to starting out fine and then ending soft and unformed. I can't for the life of me determine if this is from something I'm eating, something I did eat or normal pregnancy body changes. The only thing I've changed since vacation (where I'm 99.9% sure I didn't get glutened however I think my reactions are not as strong since I'm pregnant) is a new probiotic so I'm going to stop taking it for a week and see where I end up. But could this be normal due to hormonal changes? Since I hit 28 weeks it seems all those ugly pregnancy things have hit me hard where as prior to that I didn't really feel "pregnant" or have a lot of the various pregnancy related issues. I plan on talking to my doc. of course at my next appt. but considering they don't know much about celiac I'm not holding my breath for an answer that makes any sense :)

I think it might be a symptom of late pregnancy or starting of labor, so maybe hormonal. See this: Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

If you have any other signs of labor, you should call your doc right away. Otherwise, you should ask at the next office visit.

dbmamaz Explorer

Ok, not actualy celiac and not a great memory, but nothing would suprise me in late pregnancy. I once read something in a pregnancy support board, something along the lines of - doctor, I'm nauseous! Dont worry, thats perfectly normal in this stage of pregnancy. Doctor, I cant sleep. Dont worry, thats perfectly normal in this stage of pregnancy. Doctor, I'm getting green spots and fur all over my body. Don worry, thats perfectly normal in this stage of pregnancy.

There are SO many 'normal' symptoms during pregnancy which seem totally unacceptable to you when its happening to you!! Be grateful they didnt start earlier!

also, dont panic about 'signs of labor' too much - i had contractions starting at 5 months with my second and third, and they were both born w/in a week of the due date with no interference from doctors (I used midwives).

Good luck, and stay away from that book "what to expect when you're paranoid" - love your crazy pregnant body! It working really hard to make a wonderful child!

alamaz Collaborator

thanks. i stopped taking the Natren healthy trinity probiotic and things cleared almost the next day. now of course, it's the other extreme. i'm going to take a break on the probiotics for another week or so and see what happens. i've been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions but nothing regular. those suckers can be painful though - wow!!!

Archived