Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

One More Day!

One more day til I can call my least favourite person my EX-roommate...ahhh

But I'm not breathing any relief just yet, I have only today to pack my entire apartment into boxes and have everything ready for tomorrow morning, still trying to settle the bills, and I got told just last night that some dude is moving in Sunday morning. Not only that, she says I have to be moved out by saturday evening. So that means that my parents and auntie/uncle will only be there a few hours (worried about roads), to not just move everything into the new apartment but set it up?? HA good luck on that happening!

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Man, by the time i'm done packing its gonna be time to wake up, basically!! I have nobody to help :(. My friend in the city is busy holding a party, the 3 cousins in the city im sure out packing, and no other friends offered to make a trip here to help out :(. the one that did, from 4 hrs away, has a charity event she's hosting tomorrow. and my guy has been MIA so even though I sent him messages I'd like him to come help (who's also 4 hours from here), I havent heard back from.

I keep having to take breaks because of my bad back, and such arthritis in my hand as it is that right now its wrapped up and BURNING/swollen. so i cant do a lot of carrying/lifting either.

THIS SUCKS

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Lisa, I'm happy that you are getting away. I can't be there in body to help, but I will be with you in spirit as you move. :wub:

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

I'm in, not settled or unpacked but got everything here...

I have only crap internet (whatever wireless I can pick up) until monday night. I sitll have to collect money from the roommate. She still has to go in and sign off my tv/cable account.

I think tonight I'll be leaving the lights on the next couple nights so that I get used to the surroundings, this place is backwards compared to the last so if i get up during the night I'll get that panic feeling.

So much to do, no energy to do it :/

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

Lisa I am so glad you are safe and sound into a new place. It will be such a good move. It will be nice once you are settled in too.

Thanks! My main task for today will be putting my food in the shelves. I will be the happiest girl on earth haha. I'm going to stick all my baking stuff in the cupboards in the kitchen, and see how much room I have for everything else. I might even celebrate by baking something tonight :P. So much easier to find food in a cupboard then in a giant tote!!!

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

Thanks! My main task for today will be putting my food in the shelves. I will be the happiest girl on earth haha. I'm going to stick all my baking stuff in the cupboards in the kitchen, and see how much room I have for everything else. I might even celebrate by baking something tonight :P. So much easier to find food in a cupboard then in a giant tote!!!

~ Lisa ~

Glad the biggest part of the move is over. I hope you settling in well and enjoying the privacy and peace. Have you opened your arms spun around and gone "mine all mine" yet? :D:D:D

I think this move is going to make a huge differnce in your quality of life and I am so glad you are finally in your own place.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Hey guys. No I didn't have the time to bake just yet. BUT I did unpack most of my food.. IN THE CUPBOARDS! :D . Soooo nice putting out my flours and baking mixes and stuff like that!!! I still have to make room in the livingroom for the computer/tv guys and unpack more of my hockey stuff and whatever goes into my basically empty bedroom haha.

Once I get things sorted out I will take pictures for you guys to see just how much room I have! ;)

And the neighbours are sooo peaceful too. No distractions at all. Couldn't be better!

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

I am glad your living nightmare is finally over, it must be such a relief. Now you can just concentrate on school, and relax at home as well, without all the stress of being upset, worried and scared because of that horrible roommate.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Lisa- it does sound like you are settling in rather nicely. Glad to hear this. I bet you will feel like a new person now without all the worries! Can't wait for pics!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

I'll be taking some pics for you guys tomorrow (or I guess, today ;) ) ..got enough unpacked that u can actually understand the layout of this place.

I can tell you one thing: reading my school work is a heck of a lot easier. It's beyond highlighting and not taking in what's on the page, I am able to remember WHAT I am reading while highlighting. If that makes any sense!

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

I can tell you one thing: reading my school work is a heck of a lot easier. It's beyond highlighting and not taking in what's on the page, I am able to remember WHAT I am reading while highlighting. If that makes any sense!

~ Lisa ~

That is very good news!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

That is very good news!

Thanks :D. I've been able to get a good nights rest, too. All I got left yet really is setting up my computer desk and find a place for my books and stuff, I may just put them in the pantry since I have a lot of room in there until I get another shelf of some sort. I have such a pile of dishes it's not even funny lol So i will do those up before I photograph the place ;).

*on the side note, I'm killing time at the university until the disability office re-opens so they can make a copy of the letter for my doc appointment to show why I'm rescheduling a final*

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

OK I tried linking everyone to MySpace to see the pictures of my apartment but it doesnt let it work, so I'm going to have to put them all facebook...

Added: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9592...mp;id=655785264

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter