This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

One More Day!

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

One more day til I can call my least favourite person my EX-roommate...ahhh

But I'm not breathing any relief just yet, I have only today to pack my entire apartment into boxes and have everything ready for tomorrow morning, still trying to settle the bills, and I got told just last night that some dude is moving in Sunday morning. Not only that, she says I have to be moved out by saturday evening. So that means that my parents and auntie/uncle will only be there a few hours (worried about roads), to not just move everything into the new apartment but set it up?? HA good luck on that happening!

~ Lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kbtoyssni Contributor

Good for you! Good luck with everything. Tomorrow's going to be so nice when you wake up to a nice new place sans roomie!

Adelle Enthusiast

I'm so excited for you!! Yes it's a fast move, but you'll get through it. Eeep!! Congrats and I'm sending my good vibes your way!

num1habsfan Rising Star

Man, by the time i'm done packing its gonna be time to wake up, basically!! I have nobody to help :(. My friend in the city is busy holding a party, the 3 cousins in the city im sure out packing, and no other friends offered to make a trip here to help out :(. the one that did, from 4 hrs away, has a charity event she's hosting tomorrow. and my guy has been MIA so even though I sent him messages I'd like him to come help (who's also 4 hours from here), I havent heard back from.

I keep having to take breaks because of my bad back, and such arthritis in my hand as it is that right now its wrapped up and BURNING/swollen. so i cant do a lot of carrying/lifting either.

THIS SUCKS

~ Lisa ~

psawyer Proficient

Lisa, I'm happy that you are getting away. I can't be there in body to help, but I will be with you in spirit as you move. :wub:

num1habsfan Rising Star

I'm in, not settled or unpacked but got everything here...

I have only crap internet (whatever wireless I can pick up) until monday night. I sitll have to collect money from the roommate. She still has to go in and sign off my tv/cable account.

I think tonight I'll be leaving the lights on the next couple nights so that I get used to the surroundings, this place is backwards compared to the last so if i get up during the night I'll get that panic feeling.

So much to do, no energy to do it :/

~ Lisa ~

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Lisa I am so glad you are safe and sound into a new place. It will be such a good move. It will be nice once you are settled in too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa I am so glad you are safe and sound into a new place. It will be such a good move. It will be nice once you are settled in too.

Thanks! My main task for today will be putting my food in the shelves. I will be the happiest girl on earth haha. I'm going to stick all my baking stuff in the cupboards in the kitchen, and see how much room I have for everything else. I might even celebrate by baking something tonight :P. So much easier to find food in a cupboard then in a giant tote!!!

~ Lisa ~

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Thanks! My main task for today will be putting my food in the shelves. I will be the happiest girl on earth haha. I'm going to stick all my baking stuff in the cupboards in the kitchen, and see how much room I have for everything else. I might even celebrate by baking something tonight :P. So much easier to find food in a cupboard then in a giant tote!!!

~ Lisa ~

Glad the biggest part of the move is over. I hope you settling in well and enjoying the privacy and peace. Have you opened your arms spun around and gone "mine all mine" yet? :D:D:D

I think this move is going to make a huge differnce in your quality of life and I am so glad you are finally in your own place.

Lisa-I bet this will help you with school as well, you will be concentrating so much easier now. Did you bake and christian the new kitchen yet?

num1habsfan Rising Star

Hey guys. No I didn't have the time to bake just yet. BUT I did unpack most of my food.. IN THE CUPBOARDS! :D . Soooo nice putting out my flours and baking mixes and stuff like that!!! I still have to make room in the livingroom for the computer/tv guys and unpack more of my hockey stuff and whatever goes into my basically empty bedroom haha.

Once I get things sorted out I will take pictures for you guys to see just how much room I have! ;)

And the neighbours are sooo peaceful too. No distractions at all. Couldn't be better!

~ Lisa ~

Phyllis28 Apprentice

Nice to here you are settling in and have quiet neighbors. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Ursa Major Collaborator

I am glad your living nightmare is finally over, it must be such a relief. Now you can just concentrate on school, and relax at home as well, without all the stress of being upset, worried and scared because of that horrible roommate.

Lisa- it does sound like you are settling in rather nicely. Glad to hear this. I bet you will feel like a new person now without all the worries! Can't wait for pics!

num1habsfan Rising Star

I'll be taking some pics for you guys tomorrow (or I guess, today ;) ) ..got enough unpacked that u can actually understand the layout of this place.

I can tell you one thing: reading my school work is a heck of a lot easier. It's beyond highlighting and not taking in what's on the page, I am able to remember WHAT I am reading while highlighting. If that makes any sense!

~ Lisa ~

I can tell you one thing: reading my school work is a heck of a lot easier. It's beyond highlighting and not taking in what's on the page, I am able to remember WHAT I am reading while highlighting. If that makes any sense!

~ Lisa ~

That is very good news!

num1habsfan Rising Star
That is very good news!

Thanks :D. I've been able to get a good nights rest, too. All I got left yet really is setting up my computer desk and find a place for my books and stuff, I may just put them in the pantry since I have a lot of room in there until I get another shelf of some sort. I have such a pile of dishes it's not even funny lol So i will do those up before I photograph the place ;).

*on the side note, I'm killing time at the university until the disability office re-opens so they can make a copy of the letter for my doc appointment to show why I'm rescheduling a final*

~ Lisa ~

num1habsfan Rising Star

OK I tried linking everyone to MySpace to see the pictures of my apartment but it doesnt let it work, so I'm going to have to put them all facebook...

Added: Open Original Shared Link

~ Lisa ~

Archived