Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stolly

How Often Do You Call Companies To Check On A Product?

Once you verify with a company that a particular product is gluten free, are you ok to assume it remains gluten free unless the ingredients on the label change? Just wondering if a product says "natural flavors" or something ambiguous like that, then you confirm it's gluten free...do you call back periodically to make sure the natural flavors are still gluten free (i.e., they haven't changed what the natural flavors are made of)?

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's a good question. I don't use very many products that fit into that category. The ones that I can think of are the Ore-Ida products. After buying the ones from their gluten-free list dated 2006 for a year, I called and asked if they had an updated list because there were some not on the list that seemed gluten-free. I was told to stick with the list. Something like this I would probably check once or twice a year.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter