Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruth

5th Anniversary gluten-free

I am celebrating my 5th Anniversary as a Gluten Free person!

I just wanted to say thanks... I don't frequent this board daily as I once did... but I do refer to it often, and recommend it to people I meet who are newly diagnosed. It is amazing to me how far the world has come in 5 years regarding knowledge of celiac, products available, etc.

I feel better now, more than ever, and want those who (or whose loved ones have been) newly diagnosed to know that the gluten-free life is incredible, and is worth every minute of the diffculty... for the health and happiness that is the result.

Thank you.

Ruth

Ruth

Diagnosed 3/03 (Positive Biopsy/Negative Blood Tests)

Daughter dx 12/03 (Positive biopsy/Positive blood tests);

Two sons (Negative blood tests); One on gluten-free diet (6/04) ... cured his persistent, severe headaches.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am celebrating my 5th Anniversary as a Gluten Free person!

I just wanted to say thanks... I don't frequent this board daily as I once did... but I do refer to it often, and recommend it to people I meet who are newly diagnosed. It is amazing to me how far the world has come in 5 years regarding knowledge of celiac, products available, etc.

I feel better now, more than ever, and want those who (or whose loved ones have been) newly diagnosed to know that the gluten-free life is incredible, and is worth every minute of the diffculty... for the health and happiness that is the result.

Thank you.

Ruth

Happy Anniversary! I agree - this board is priceless!

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

What a wonderful thing to be celebrating----and inspirational to a newbie like me! Thanks for the words fo encouragement too!

Congrats on 5 years!!!

:):):):):)

-Glutina

-Recently diagnosed with extreme gluten sensitivity

-Celiac test results: negative

-In and out of hospitals and doctors offices for past 5 years with stomach/digestive issues

-Eating disordered past (this most likely triggered gluten issues G.I. thinks)

Symptoms when glutened: Diah. and Cons.; cramping/uncomfortable abdomen; rash on forehead; extreme fatigue; sometimes excruciating abdominal pain; feeling of weakness; acid reflux

**New to the gluten free way of living, but feeling like my old, healthy self again!!**

Join eNewsletter

It is amazing how far we can come in 5 years. Happy Happy Anniversary and may you have many, many more.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations!

I was just thinking the other day how much better I am feeling these days... physically really better than I remember for a long time, now at 2 years and 1 month gluten free... how much more enthusiasm and motivation and hope and stuff I feel, as well as how quiet and smooth, painfree, my gut is.

I don't get on this board that much anymore either...but read it daily when I was first going gluten free...and this board is what got me through the tough times and confusion...the roller coaster my body went on before and even for a long time after going gluten free.

So, congrats, again, Ruth! And to any newbies... hang in there... sometimes things change very slowly, over time... it is certainly well worth the efforts and hassles, in the long run!

Join eNewsletter

Congrats. Good luck and I only wish for you the best for the next year.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter