Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenlove

Off To Japan

Hi,

I'm headed to Japan literally in a few minutes.

Will try to take pictures of gluten-free foods I find in order to make us a reference file.

Will there I'll spend a few days at the worlds largest food show. 8 football field sized exhibition halls with foods from almost every country. Over the years it is been interesting to see the increased numbers of organic and "health" foods but now I'll be looking to see if there are any gluten-free items being shown.

Should be online most of the time but if not, you'll know why. I would miss all the support I get on this forum!

Ken

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have a wonderful trip.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Thanks all!

Made to tokyo in one piece. Nothing at all to eat on the plane. JAL's food looked good but flaky crossiants were everywhere!

too tired to make dinner or go out.

just want to get my own computer working here.

My office changed from dsl to cable TV and it just does not like my mac laptop.

At least my 6 bottles of san-j soy sauce survived the trip.

thanks again

ken

Japanese proverb

Join eNewsletter

Sorry to hear about your meals. You should call JAL before the return trip. I used JAL too and requested a gluten-free meal and got one that was safe and I was served first. At the beginning of the flight the came by to confirm it and they put a little sticker on the back of my seat to remind them. Meals enroute are hard! and it's a LONG trip. Take care.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Hi,

I had asked my friend who manages the JAL operations in Kona and he tried to get them to do something but in Hawaii they treat it like a domestic flight and dont offer much in the special meal catagory. Would have been ok with a fruit plate which they also didnt have.

Might have more luck on the return flight. Being one of the celiacs who gained a bunch of weight after diagnoses, I figured not eating was good for the diet<G>

take care

Sorry to hear about your meals. You should call JAL before the return trip. I used JAL too and requested a gluten-free meal and got one that was safe and I was served first. At the beginning of the flight the came by to confirm it and they put a little sticker on the back of my seat to remind them. Meals enroute are hard! and it's a LONG trip. Take care.

Japanese proverb

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter