Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BamBam

Almond Rice Flour

Rachel, in Polson Montana is the creator of an almond rice flour that actually has protein and some nourishment to it. She has a business called the Gluten Free Mama - in Polson Montana. She has also created a cookbook to use this flour with 100 recipes. I bought the flour last summer and then got the cook book and honestly, I will not go back to any other rice or bean flour mixture. In the cookbook I have made an awesome sour cream chocolate cake, I have made delightful buttermilk bread, oatmeal cookies, honey sandwich bread and a potato bread. All have turned out with a good texture and a good flavor, something that you can make a sandwich with and it doesn't all fall apart. It is good toasted with peanut butter also. You can buy the flour in a 4 pd bag for approximatly $13.00, I've seen different prices at a couple stores. I have not bought any expensive mixes since I have found this flour. Yes, it is expensive, but you get products that are moist, delicious and full of flavor. For my birthday, my husband wanted to bake me a red velvet cake, I sent her the recipe and she converted it to fit the almond rice flour, and I must tell you, that was the best cake I have ever eaten since being gluten free! She may be able to convert some of your favorite cake or dessert recipes also. I use this flour for everything.

Her e-mail is the following: glutenfreemama@bresnan.net

Montana

Self-diagnosed after many tests and no results to feel better

Gluten Free since 8-6-2005

Lactose free for many years

Casein Free since 02/14/06

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

OH I SO AGREE!!!!

My husband's grandmother bought us some for Christmas and EVERYTHING I made with it was incredible!

This product is far better than anything else I have tried. We made cornbread, pizza, banana nut muffins, chocolate chip cookies, biscuts, brownies, and chocolate chip muffins with the stuff. Everything turned out great. Even my gluten eating family was amazed!

DH positive skin biopsy June 2007

Blood test positive July 2007

Gluten Free- since 6-23-07

Vegetarian since 1991

Stay-at-home Mommy to:

Kellen 2-05

Cameron 10-06

Scarlett 5-09

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter