Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stolly

Perky O's Vs Glutino Cereal?

Which do your children prefer? Perky O's or Glutino? My 2.5 yr old daughter spit out the Perky O's last night. Are the Glutino ones hard like the Perky O's? I'm guessing it was the texture she didn't like. Thanks!

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't really like the glutino cereal, but I could see that a little kid would. It's not hard at all, but it's too sugary for me and has next to no nutritional value. A good gluten-free kids cereal that's better nutrion wise is envirokidz.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

We've had both flavors of the Glutino ones. They didn't taste much like Cheerios, though. The texture was too "airy" if that makes sense. They had more of a corn flavor to me than Cheerios. We thought they were good, but I haven't bought them again because of the expense. The texture would probably be very pleasing to a little one.

Perky o's are disgusting. Even our chickens won't eat them, and that's saying something. :lol: The Heartland's Finest ones are OK, but I wouldn't want to eat a bowl of them. They are good in gluten-free party mix.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Our kids liked the apple cinnamon perky o's but their favorite (which they go through 2 boxes a week!!) is health valley corn crunch-ems. it's gluten-free chex. i found it at fred meyers.

Whole family is allergic to Gluten, eggs, dairy, most are allergic to garlic. Few other various allergies.

Did you know it's best to wait until 21 months to give a baby wheat??

Join eNewsletter

Which do your children prefer? Perky O's or Glutino? My 2.5 yr old daughter spit out the Perky O's last night. Are the Glutino ones hard like the Perky O's? I'm guessing it was the texture she didn't like. Thanks!

Neither! Both were bad. I tried them too. My 2 year old likes all the envirkids cereals. We buy Koala Crisps (similar to cocoa krispies), gorilla munch (similar to kix), and amazon flakes (corn flakes).

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter