Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbmamaz

Cc, Pasta And Yeasties .. .

I'm not sure i have celiac, due to negative bloodwork, but I do have tons of food allergies and sensitivities. I am currently on a very restrictive diet, eating about 22 foods. I've been feeling pretty darn good, with only occasional slight symptoms, and generally I can find a cause.

Well, the other day I made pasta for dinner for the family - actually, pasta salad, although the little one ate the noodles plain. I dont remember exactly what I ate, but it was probably leftover from the night before, foods i'd eaten several times that week, nothing dangerous.

After dinner, I had cramping, gas, i smelled like something had died in there! I was shocked, I hadnt felt this bad in a long time! Luckily it didnt last long. I tried and tried to figure out what I'd eaten and couldnt come up with anything.

Finally I remembered that someone told me that a celiac freind of hers didnt get too much CC from dry crumbs, but moist stuff like pasta was really a problem. I handled the family's pasta with my hands and I dont think I washed my hands before eating. So i'm thinking I cc'd myself from handling the pasta. Does this sound like CC to you guys?

Then, the next day, i felt yeasty, for the first time in 2 or 3 months. Could this have been in response to the CC?

any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm not sure i have celiac, due to negative bloodwork, but I do have tons of food allergies and sensitivities. I am currently on a very restrictive diet, eating about 22 foods. I've been feeling pretty darn good, with only occasional slight symptoms, and generally I can find a cause.

Well, the other day I made pasta for dinner for the family - actually, pasta salad, although the little one ate the noodles plain. I dont remember exactly what I ate, but it was probably leftover from the night before, foods i'd eaten several times that week, nothing dangerous.

After dinner, I had cramping, gas, i smelled like something had died in there! I was shocked, I hadnt felt this bad in a long time! Luckily it didnt last long. I tried and tried to figure out what I'd eaten and couldnt come up with anything.

Finally I remembered that someone told me that a celiac freind of hers didnt get too much CC from dry crumbs, but moist stuff like pasta was really a problem. I handled the family's pasta with my hands and I dont think I washed my hands before eating. So i'm thinking I cc'd myself from handling the pasta. Does this sound like CC to you guys?

Then, the next day, i felt yeasty, for the first time in 2 or 3 months. Could this have been in response to the CC?

any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Hello....

Well....me too I have many many food intolerances and allergies and lately I had the same experience with you. I ate something that was - untill then - safe, I had the same food dozens of times before, but suddenly smth went wrong and that food had to go with the non safe ones (nausea, huge belly, ekzema etc)......Really frustrating when I already had a very restricted diet. So I had the same question with you, I asked here in this forum and I was told that

1) MAYBE the reason was my damaged villy that still can't react normally (even though I am gluten-free for 3 months). There is a possibility that this is your case.

2) There is also a possibility you were glutened from pasta ....or ....

3)There are some foods that my test for intolerances says that I am "sensitive" to them, and that means that they are safe for now but I must not eat them too often nor in huge amounts cause they will turn into non safe ones. Maybe that was your case?? Just thoughts......

What really works for me is to eat many times during the day, but small amounts. So my intestine can copy with that small amount....

sorry you felt bad that day. I hope now you are feeling ok...stay away from pastaaaa!!!

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter