Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tamedandfoxed

Bulk Foods?

Guest tamedandfoxed

Do any of you buy bulk products like almonds or corn kernals? I was for awhile cuz nuts are expensive but i was having facial flushing--which i now think was candida related--but before i purchase again, i wanted to see if anyone else has had reactions. I mean, they fill everything up in the same room.. flour goes everywhere.. i just figured it's not safe, but i'm so poor!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do any of you buy bulk products like almonds or corn kernals? I was for awhile cuz nuts are expensive but i was having facial flushing--which i now think was candida related--but before i purchase again, i wanted to see if anyone else has had reactions. I mean, they fill everything up in the same room.. flour goes everywhere.. i just figured it's not safe, but i'm so poor!

I buy big things of almonds, pistacios and rice at BJs and haven't had any problems. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions on what might be causing it.

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

I personally don't buy anything from the bulk containers. I am too worried about CC. I think the only exception I make is sometimes Whole Foods has the ones where you pull the handle and stuff pours out. I won't use the scooper ones because people use the same scoop in flour and then put it in other foods like nuts, etc.

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter