Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdLucem

Flour Inhalation With Allergy Mask?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, it might. But are you willing to thoroughly scrub down your entire kitchen afterwards, have a shower and wash all your clothes to stop yourself from being glutened later? Because the flour dust will settle on everything around you, of course, and on you as well.

Personally, I won't allow any gluten flours in my house, period. Most dishes can be made gluten-free without anybody noticing the difference.

I've served Black Forest cake, cookies, sauces etc., all gluten-free, and got raves from family and guests.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

i bet it would help. Wish I had one while walking around a trade show lat week.

I do plan to buy some while I'm here in Japan. If it helps with pollen, it should help with flour.

ken

Hello Everyone,

On occasion I've been requested to cook for others with gluten containing flours. Generally I refuse, but would a pollen type face mask be effective at stopping gluten inhalation?

Thanks!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I would use one that was OSHA approved for small particulate matter. They usually have a screw in filter device that can be changed when needed. The ones you use that are paper and just sit on your face with an elastic cord don't usually help a whole lot. They don't seal properly for most folks.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter