Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roxie

Thank You

Hey to ALL who wrote me back. I have not totally learned how to use this site yet, and I couldn't figure out how to reply back to individual messages. I just wanted to say that I REALLY APPRECIATE all of the positive support I got. It made me feel so much better about my diagnosis. I still think it's going to be hard - but I have a much more positive outlook now. Thanks again. Roxie

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the board. It does get easier. Its hard on everyone at first. My hardest part to deal with was the loss of convenience. After my initial diagnosis we found that my daughter has gluten intolerance through enterolab. We thought she was a fine healthy little girl but after going gluten free by default due to me, alot of things like whining and temper tantrums went away. She occasionally would get a few bumps on her butt and we never knew what they were but now it only happens if she is accidentally glutened.

I always bring food with us now everywhere we go. Find some good lunch coolers (lands end has some nice ones). I also keep cake mix and a few ingredients for frosting on hand for parties so its quick to whip one up.

When I figured out what my intolerances were all my back aches that I had for over 22 years, they started when I was 13, have almost completely gone. I do have degenerative disc disease but on most days you wouldnt know it about me anymore. I hope you get as great of a blessing with that as I have.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter