Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

I Was Impressed

Hi, Someone gave my husband Red Wing Hockey tickets in a suite. They have tables of foods and desserts. I didn't see a huge choice in the gluten free area, but did have some cheese, fresh fruit, and fresh matzorella cheese with basil and tomato. I did eye the cheesecake on the dessert table but didn't eat any of it. My husband went to the chefs and asked if they had anything gluten free. They came and talked to me and made a fresh salad with a grilled chicken breast and a parfait of fresh strawberries and yogurt. They did say that is what they have done previously. They did mention mousse, but weren't sure if it was safe, so did the yogurt.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, Someone gave my husband Red Wing Hockey tickets in a suite. They have tables of foods and desserts. I didn't see a huge choice in the gluten free area, but did have some cheese, fresh fruit, and fresh matzorella cheese with basil and tomato. I did eye the cheesecake on the dessert table but didn't eat any of it. My husband went to the chefs and asked if they had anything gluten free. They came and talked to me and made a fresh salad with a grilled chicken breast and a parfait of fresh strawberries and yogurt. They did say that is what they have done previously. They did mention mousse, but weren't sure if it was safe, so did the yogurt.

Wow! Very nice.

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter