Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paytons_mom

Looking For Some Advice?

Hey everyone...

Well, its been almost 2 months gluten free and my lil 2 1/2 year old has been doing awesome. I really havent let her eat to much weird stuff just trying to keep it simple. BUT....easter is here so we decided to treat her cause of our own guilt. And she just had 3 episodes of bad diahrea and belly pain. So i am trying to figure out what it could be. These are the 4 things she had that are not in the norm.

McDonalds Fries

NY Fries

chocolate eggs

Dynatap cold medicine

If anyone has any idea or info i would really appreciate your help..

Thanks in advance

Nicole

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, let's go backwards.

Dimetap is gluten-free (all varieties) per Clan Thompson Drug Smartlist and Mfg.

McDonald's Fries: They had a problem with the oil, a lawsuit, and huge media blitz, and then they changed their formula (I think), but the testing revealed no Gluten in the oil I have no problem with them, but CC could be an issue in the store.

Chocolate Eggs: They CAN definitely be a problem. You have to read the ingredients very carefully to look for Barley as source of some ingredients (Wheat is declared).

NY Fries: Definitely could be a problem! The oil has to be dedicated to fries (McDonald's IS, btw) - and not used for battered products!

My guess is that it was either the eggs, the NY Fries or both. The big chocolate Easter Bunnies (molded & hollow) are really a problem because they seem to use a barley derivative for them and might be the same for the hollow formed eggs as well.

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter