Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blondie

Could I Be Caseinintolerant?

Alright. So by now I'm a little more than 6 months gluten-free. I've improved dramatically, gained about 10-15 kg, I'm able to work and perform hard physical tasks. I've also been lactose-free for a while, but now I seem to tolerate moderate amounts of lactose.

Still, some symptoms have not yet fully subsided. Symptoms such as moderate anxiety, brainfog and some tiredness.

I've tried a casein-free diet on 3 occasions now. Both at about 1 week with no apparent improvement.

So my question is, how long does one need to be casein-free to improve? And what symptoms would be likely if I am indeed casein-intolerant?

Enterolab is not an option by the way.

Gluten-free, almost 2 years

Egg-free, never cared much for eggs anyways

Lactose light, only causes minor d by now

Fructose light, found the source of my unexplainable gluten-like reactions

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello....

well for me casein intolerance symptoms were: extremely severe abdominal pain, bloating and gas.

But it went away immediately.I mean if I had casein on sunday, I had the symptoms on sunday and on monday I was just fine. But that was for me.....

Maybe you have some other food intolerances that you cannot even imagine (my tests gave me 40 no-no foods..). Or maybe you are by accident getting some gluten. Have you checked your cosmetics? Or there is a chance that you need more time. I've read that there are some people who keep on having symptoms after a year or two. I hope that is not your case and that you soon start feeling better.

I have no idea what enterolab is......

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

The symptoms you describe could be caused by soy, or nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, eggplant) or maybe eggs, or even rice!

But the most likely suspects are soy and nightshades. Why don't you take soy out of your diet and see if it makes a difference? If after two weeks you don't notice an improvement, try something else.

If you can't figure it out this way, you may have to do an elimination diet, where you eliminate ALL the possible suspects, and then add them back in one at a time, to see which one(s) are a problem. Because it could be more than one!

So, dairy isn't ruled out yet, either. Because if you are intolerant to casein and soy, your symptoms wouldn't go away by just removing one of them.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

So my question is, how long does one need to be casein-free to improve?

It takes a couple months (more or less) to get most of it out of your system.

Symptoms will vary...it can be tummy trouble, mood swings, skin problems, brain fog...

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter