Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nikki2008

Does Anyone Know If Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar Is gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This was on another post from Feb '08. I think the one you want classifies under the 'transparent bars' and it is gluten-free

but here's the entire list for you anyway. We use a lot of their products!

Thank you for contacting Neutrogena

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

I take the Women's One-A-Day, it has 18mg of iron which is 100%, but I also make sure and eat iron rich foods. My hematocrit is naturally low, so I try to beef it up as much as I can. Watch it though, too much and you can get constipated.

This is the statement from the company, not sure if other's here use them with no problem:

Q. How much gluten does this contain?

A. We do not add any gluten to our products. However, we cannot guarantee that all raw materials are 100% gluten-free.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to switch to Women's One-A-Day, because I feel safer getting my iron that way, rather than taking an iron supplement. I'm so bloated and I have such bad gas pain, I'm afraid of getting constipated, which I've heard iron supplements can do. But the letter you posted from the company gives me pause. Since you're taking them successfully, should I assume that Women's One-A-Day are safe gluten-wise? I'm going to buy them tonight if you think they're okay. Thanks again.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to switch to Women's One-A-Day, because I feel safer getting my iron that way, rather than taking an iron supplement. I'm so bloated and I have such bad gas pain, I'm afraid of getting constipated, which I've heard iron supplements can do. But the letter you posted from the company gives me pause. Since you're taking them successfully, should I assume that Women's One-A-Day are safe gluten-wise? I'm going to buy them tonight if you think they're okay. Thanks again.

My children have celiac disease. I eat a mostly gluten-free diet, but don't actually have the disease. No ingredient listed appears to contain gluten and they list soy as the only allergen. I guess it's one of those things that you can try if you want and if you have a reaction, you'll know. Otherwise, try a different brand. Centrum is gluten-free and it contains the same amt of iron:

From the company--

2. Is Centrum gluten-free and is it safe for people with celiac disease to take?

Yes, Centrum is gluten-free and suitable for individuals with celiac disease.

Hope you see this before you go to the store!! :o

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter