Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motif

How Much Of B12 And Magnesium?

I can take to not overdose?

Hi,

just want to make sure if I really need B12 that o pill suggested on the bottle is enough.

I guess not, somebody also suggested B12 in drops.

thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

everyone eats a different diet, I may like one thing that you hate...

I suggest getting your doctor to give you a blood test to see what nutrients you are lacking and add those.

I only needed calcium, b and folic acid

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Hi,

just want to make sure if I really need B12 that o pill suggested on the bottle is enough.

thanks

If the tabs that you have are sublingual they will be very tiny, they are meant to dissolve under the tongue not to be chewed or swallowed. Liquid works okay also as long as it is for sure gluten-free. Amounts in the sub linguals will vary but don't be scared by what seems like a large amount. Most of us need the supplements because our body is not able to utilize the B12 from our food or from a regualr vitamin because the area that is damaged in our gut is needed to absorb it.

You can not take too much B12 it is not a vitamin that you will get toxic levels of. What your body does not need will be excreted.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Hi,

thanks

I started off taking 300 mg of magnesium and that was enough for me. Since going on antidepressants that cause constipation and iron (same problem) , I am up to 700 mg just to have a normal BM.

My B12 is OK so I just take a good multivitamin.