Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celia the Celiac

Celiac Disease Effects

I haven't been on here in forever! Everything's changed. I had to go in and find my password it's been so long lolol

Well, this is the deal....

I don't really feel very comfortable laying everything right now...but I'm having major bloat issues...if you know what I mean. When I say major....I mean....I'm very embarassed to even go to work tomorrow because something happened...that I had no control over...I don't want to spell it out for you guys. I'm practically in tears. Why have I been cursed with this poop! And on top of that...my stomache's stapled and I have stomache dumping syndrome. I'm starting go get very very depressed over all this...

Diagnosed in September 2005. Gluten Free since April 2006

Deputy Clerk-Electronic Filing Manager in Civil Department

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celia, you didn't mention how your gluten-free diet was going--did you fall off the wagon so to speak, or is it possible you got some inadvertent exposure to gluten? Any changes lately like new medication that you haven't checked?

So sorry you are going through this awful experience.

How long have you been gluten-free? Some people here develop other sensitivities too.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

I was diagnosed with Celiac two years ago. I've ben gluten free for about a year. We all know it's very hard to stay gluten free and have probably been exposed in some way or another. My stomache bloats so bad at times I can bearly breathe. I'm from Texas. You know, the South. None of the gastro doctors around here know much about Celiac. When I was diagnosed, my doctor just said don't eat wheat barley rye or oats. I mean....that was it. No....this is what's going to happen if...no...the reason you have osteoporosis is because you have celiac...no supplement info...nothing

Diagnosed in September 2005. Gluten Free since April 2006

Deputy Clerk-Electronic Filing Manager in Civil Department

I am so sorry to hear things aren't going well. :(

My first suggestion is going on an elimination diet- eating only fruits, veggies and meats. No dairy or soy, especially. Those seem to be as common a culprit as gluten.

The second is- if that seems too overwhelming, keep a food journal. Be totally specific about what you ate, even if it was one little piece of something. And keep track of the rxns; sometimes things can be delayed. The important thing is to catch the pattern and do away with the further irritants.

Oh yeah, don't feel bad. I have 3 medical schools around me (one well known around the country)- do you think any of the doctors around here that I've been to know anything about Celiac... yeah, not so much.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

I'm right there with ya! I was diagnosed in Georgia. It only took 3 or 4 yrs with active problems to by chance get the right dr, and it still took forever to figure out the problem was Celiacs!

I have had problems in the past and only figured it out after checking every single item in the house! Cleaners, soaps, lotions, bath stuff, make up, food, drinks,....huge phone bill! One company makes a small change and we pay dearly! Maybe something else is getting you sick too?

Have you looked into a kinesiologist (sp?)? They might be able to help find a way to reduce the bloat and get your system under more control for you. It was a huge help for me