Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michelle Nelson

Thank You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thank you very much for letting me join your group, I regret that I have to say my father passed away 19 days after my first post, so I will no longer be a member. Best wishes to all. Michelle

We never had the chance to meet in this forum, but I wish your father is in a happy place watching over you. Hope you find the strength to go through this.

Kisses

meline

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

I'm SO sorry for your loss.

As this is a genetically inherited disease, I hope that you will take what you have learned and be more aware so that if you should develope any symptoms you can be proactive in caring for your health. Have you considered being screened for this yourself? It is recommended that family members be screened even if they don't have symptoms. It is possible to actively have the disease and be asymptomatic.

You are welcome to stop back in anytime if you have questions.

Take Care.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Michelle,

I am sorry that you lost your father. I know what that feels like. Please always remember that you have a place to come here. Many friendships have been made here, especially to those who have reached out. You are welcome anytime.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I too have been down that painful road.

As was said above, celiac is genetic so it would be best for you to become familiar with all the sneaky ways it makes itself known. You can always come back here for support and info.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)